Poll: What tasks would you like the dev team to spend time working on?

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

What tasks would you like the dev team to spend time working on?

Improve building graphics (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5545)
6%
Improve ambient graphics, including vehicles, pedestrians, road textures, and trees.
7%
Optimization - improve game performance (Implemented. See: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7938)
14%
Improve the AI (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6977)
20%
Improve gameplay balance (please **only vote** for this **after** you have reported a gameplay balance issue in this thread.)
3%
Improve the interface by adding an option for bigger minimap (200%) (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5192)
7%
Update the product images of the base game.
5%
Create new scenarios for Digital Age DLC
4%
Develop a new DLC after the Banking and Finance DLC is released (viewforum.php?f=49)
24%
Develop a new standalone business strategy/simulation game for the mass market and release it on Steam. (Steam is a platform for games capable of appealing to a broad audience. It's our opinion that niche economic games do not thrive on Steam.) (viewforum.php?f=50)
11%

Total votes: 353

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Poll: What tasks would you like the dev team to spend time working on?

Post by David »

Update: the latest post-release beta version 6.5.06 has the following AI improvements:

1) AI companies are now less inclined to use cash to buy back their own stocks, preferring to save cash for future expansions instead.

2) Improved AI in selecting the types of plants to grow in farms, as AI now does a better job assessing the demands for the farm products.

3) AI will expand more aggressively by building more factories when it sees market opportunities.

Version 6.5.06 download link: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7665
Lerura
Level 3 user

Post by Lerura »

Related to Building Graphics

Currently you can only choose between different external graphics for medium and large factories, 3 and 2 designs respectively.

It would be nice to have maybe 5 different design for each of the factory sizes, for several reasons:
1) The ability to use different designs for makes it easier to get a visual overview of your firms.
2) Especially in the late there are a huge amount of factories, and due to the limited choices the entire map is more or less just a repeated graphical pattern, which I don't think is very pleasing to look at.

It would also be nice to have maybe to designs for each of the farm sizes, for basically the same reason.

And lastly the HeadQuarters. The current look reraly doll to me and doesn't say HQ when looking at it. So maybe also a couple of diferent designs for the HQs, one of them could be the HQ from CapWorld, which I think is a very good design.
David

Post by David »

Lerura wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:06 pm Related to Building Graphics

Currently you can only choose between different external graphics for medium and large factories, 3 and 2 designs respectively.

It would be nice to have maybe 5 different design for each of the factory sizes, for several reasons:
1) The ability to use different designs for makes it easier to get a visual overview of your firms.
2) Especially in the late there are a huge amount of factories, and due to the limited choices the entire map is more or less just a repeated graphical pattern, which I don't think is very pleasing to look at.

It would also be nice to have maybe to designs for each of the farm sizes, for basically the same reason.
I would recommend that you create a poll for your suggestion to gauge the community's interest in it. There would be a higher chance that the dev team will implement it if the interest level is high.

You could see some examples of the polls in the Suggestions forum at viewforum.php?f=14
David

Post by David »

The latest progress updates on:

Game Speed Optimization
After months of intensive work by our programmers on optimizing game based on the feedback in this post, we are pleased to announce that the the upcoming version 6.6.00 will feature a Major Game Speed Improvement.

Our programmers have painstakingly reviewed and optimized key areas of the programming code and have even gone to great lengths to achieve the performance targets by rewriting the code when necessary. The result is a performance increase of over 50% on average, and possibly up to 100% faster in late games with numerous firms.

AI Improvement
On the AI side, version 6.6.00 will come with the following AI Improvement:
After an AI corporation has been in operation for a few years, the AI will stop using pre-defined layout plans with multiple products in factories and solely use wild-card layout plans with settings of only one product per factory.
The idea was discussed in this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7483
foxtrotf
Level 2 user

Post by foxtrotf »

Also please, could you guys redraw Launch game Icon?
David

Post by David »

foxtrotf wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:35 pm Also please, could you guys redraw Launch game Icon?

I would recommend that you create a poll for your suggestion to gauge the community's interest in it. There would be a higher chance that the dev team will implement it if the interest level is high.

You could see some examples of the polls in the Suggestions forum at viewforum.php?f=14
femoral
Level 2 user

Post by femoral »

I would like to see an improvement in the numbers' interfaces. I want to see clearly how each number is calculated. More tooltips and more details in the financial reports and in the firms. I want to trust in the numbers, I want to make better decisions based on numbers and more importantly I want to feel like I am a capitalist micromanaging my business.
AnnaOleg

Post by AnnaOleg »

В игре есть большая ошибка.
Я ставлю игру на паузу и скупаю на фондовом рынке все 40 компаний.
Даже если я выставляю перед игрой у противников max финансы, а у себя min финансы,
то тогда процесс скупки отодвигается на 15 месяцев.
Играть в эту игру всего 1 час - это очень мало.
Если надо, я могу отправить файл игры для подтверждения, но я думаю, что Вы и так в курсе.
Как в это играть???
David

Post by David »

AnnaOleg wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:05 am В игре есть большая ошибка.
Я ставлю игру на паузу и скупаю на фондовом рынке все 40 компаний.
Даже если я выставляю перед игрой у противников max финансы, а у себя min финансы,
то тогда процесс скупки отодвигается на 15 месяцев.
Играть в эту игру всего 1 час - это очень мало.
Если надо, я могу отправить файл игры для подтверждения, но я думаю, что Вы и так в курсе.
Как в это играть???
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

AnnaOleg wrote:
It is not directly related to the game, but I wanted to inform you that the translation from Russian has recently restarted.

So I invite you to get in touch with me; there is only one person and it would be good if there are several people in the project. https://discord.gg/dYUHBU2