Poll: Real Estate DLC: Multiple Listing Service (MLS)

Suggestions for new DLC projects.

Do you like this General Idea? Anything to Add or Modify?

I Would Like an Active Secondary Market for Real Estate
82%
Real Estate is Currently Fine
18%

Total votes: 38

standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Poll: Real Estate DLC: Multiple Listing Service (MLS)

Post by standardplayer »

Create a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for Real Estate so that players can go there to buy and sell properties in a more active secondary market instead of waiting significant time and/or never being able to sell a property. It would give you the ability to sell properties immediately to public investor market possibly at a slight discount to FMV for liquidity and buy it back later at a slight premium to FMV. This would include real estate firms like apartments and commercial buildings as well as personal residences (Mansions).
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Poll: Real Estate DLC: Multiple Listing Service (MLS)

Post by colonel_truman »

Maybe this will be implemented in the banking dlc, as you suggest mortgaging you RE assets for liquidity.
Hey! stop asking the poor public bagholders to keep the "bad" assets. Don´t they have enough with new shares and IPOs?
If there´s an asset transfer, it should appear in somebody´s book.

What bugs me is how easily land can be re-sold to the municipality. To me, land should be hard to sell (municipalities washing their hands after the transaction has been done) and RE firms much easier (AI more active).
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

colonel_truman wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:59 pm Maybe this will be implemented in the banking dlc, as you suggest mortgaging you RE assets for liquidity.
Hey! stop asking the poor public bagholders to keep the "bad" assets. Don´t they have enough with new shares and IPOs?
If there´s an asset transfer, it should appear in somebody´s book.

What bugs me is how easily land can be re-sold to the municipality. To me, land should be hard to sell (municipalities washing their hands after the transaction has been done) and RE firms much easier (AI more active).
What do you mean by " Hey! stop asking the poor public bagholders to keep the "bad" assets. Don´t they have enough with new shares and IPOs? "? I was saying that public investors could get a discount "deal" to FMV if a person has to liquidate a property because they ran out of cash instead of having to demolish it to get only the land value then the public would also get a premium when you buy it back. This has nothing to do with bad assets the assets they are selling could be very lucrative properties.

The goal is to not lose apartment space or commercial property because a company goes bankrupt which slows the population growth when someone else might be willing to buy the property for a discount to FMV.

The other solution would be to have better AI that would purchase property for sale more frequently maybe even the ability to price the property below market value like you can do with mansions would work.
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by colonel_truman »

Don´t get me wrong, I like the idea.
I was ranting about IPOs and stock sales having always a market, and just grabbed the opportunity ;)
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!
de1irium
Level 2 user

Post by de1irium »

This is an interesting idea. This would give us new alternatives with Real estate .. I feel like it's the only sector that lacks a dlc at this point. I would also like to see the aging factor affect a property's value.