Poll: Board Members Features (Simple)

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab

What Features would you like to see? Anything to Add or Modify?

Grant Title of Company Board Member for up to 2 People other than Chairman
37%
Board Member Compensation (~$300K)
24%
Attitude "Relationship" Benefit
25%
Additional Ideas (Post Below)
6%
None
8%

Total votes: 51

standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Poll: Board Members Features (Simple)

Post by standardplayer »

It would probably would not add a lot of value and/or be to complicated to implement a more complicated corporate governance system but, maybe we can just add a simple addition that allows people to be on the board other than a solo company chairman this would basically just be a title with a little pay and attitude/relationship benefit.

• Features:
o Relationship: Allows you to build or maintain Positive Attitude with Person because you have a "Relationship" through a mutual activity. This would also allow you to move a person from executive to board member so they don't get mad at you for replacing them kind of like a retirement. This would also allow you to repair a relationship with a fired executive.
o 3 Members per Company Board including Chairman
o Only Part Time Job can be a CEO of another company or Mayor of City with Ability to be on 3 to 6 Boards per Individual. (1-2 Boards if person has full time job as an exec or mayor, 3-6 Boards if they don't have job)

• Compensation: $100,000-$300,000
o 1/3 Cash
o 2/3 Equity

• Compensation Scaling:
o Profit Range $0-$50 Million = $100,000
o Profit Range $50-$100 Million = $200,000
o Profit Range $100 Million = $300,000
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Poll: Board Members Features (Simple)

Post by standardplayer »

Practical Application:
• Staggered Board Seats with 3+ Year Terms
• One Board Seat Up for election each year
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I was going to make a similar suggestion. One additional idea I have for this is that perhaps the Board could generate expectations for the player to meet.

For example, perhaps the board wants you to increase the profit margin to 15% and gives you 5 years to complete this. If you fail to complete it you get fired and the game ends. If you succeed, then you get a nice bonus and get to continue the game.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

Arcnor wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:24 am I was going to make a similar suggestion. One additional idea I have for this is that perhaps the Board could generate expectations for the player to meet.

For example, perhaps the board wants you to increase the profit margin to 15% and gives you 5 years to complete this. If you fail to complete it you get fired and the game ends. If you succeed, then you get a nice bonus and get to continue the game.
How you can get fired from company you own? :P ill fire board members instead lol
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

avengerbg wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:19 pm
Arcnor wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:24 am I was going to make a similar suggestion. One additional idea I have for this is that perhaps the Board could generate expectations for the player to meet.

How you can get fired from company you own? :P ill fire board members instead lol
I don't know about getting fired but maybe it could be something like the game Wall Street Raider does. In that game If you are the CEO and don't own 100% of the company and you grow your companies earnings per share by X% you get granted options to buy ~3% of the company for the current market price so you can cash in big if the stock price increases after the grant.

Not saying that that specifically should be implemented but, maybe something simpler like if you grow company Earnings by a significant amount say 15% you get granted a bonus or shares of the company as performance based compensation. The specifics were discussed elsewhere in more detail.

See Executive Compensation Post:
https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =37&t=5761

But the original point of this post was a simple system for corporate politics without complicating the game too much as people voiced their opinions elsewhere that a complicate corporate governance system would not add much value. So if you have any simple practical ideas to make the game more fun using company board please share.

See Complex Board Post:
https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... ard#p26316
Last edited by standardplayer on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

There is such things already in goals, i would vote for adding more, and more complicated goals then something like this. Also any huge profit/rewards will break the gameplay against already weak AIs.
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

avengerbg wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:32 pm There is such things already in goals, i would vote for adding more, and more complicated goals then something like this. Also any huge profit/rewards will break the gameplay against already weak AIs.
The Board part is just a simple system so that you are not a board of one person and can build "relationship" with other executives.

I was just responding to Arcnor's Idea Outside of the Company Board Topic.

I am Definitely not for huge profit/rewards without achievement. I would be actually be for making Player and AI CEO cash and overall pay lower and more dependent on achieving goals to earn performance pay: bonuses and equity. The Executive Comp Post explains this in more detail.

It is kind of ridiculous how much Player and AI CEO's of the largest companies in a game can get paid $100+ Million a year in cash just because they run a big company.