The same names and faces, forever...

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
2byron

The same names and faces, forever...

Post by 2byron »

I tend to play rather long games of Capitalism LAB (like 100+ years) and while my experience is overall extremely positive, there is one admittedly minor complaint. It isn't a problem or fault, but more of a cosmeticrealism issue.

The pool of AI people stays the same forever. This isn't a problem with the range of AI people, per se, but more that they tend to occupy the same roles - forever. For example, with the City Economic Sim DLC, while the political parties do expand, the pool of potential mayors is rather slim - and as a result you tend to see the same names and faces appear over and over again. Far from a pressing issue - but it's a bit weird when you're having an 80 year gap between the same mayor.

A potential solution to this problem is every x years, a chunk of the AI people have their name and profile re-selected from the main People database. The investor profile and party affiliation doesn't really need to change so the balance of conservative/neutral investors and party members doesn't change dramatically - making the change purely cosmetic. The only thing I can think that would need redoing is making sure the Mayor History screen would need to stay the name even if that AI person is no longer in the game.

Regardless, this is a rather trivial cosmetic detail that I think could up the realism element of the simulation. Other than that, fantastic game - can't wait for the Banking DLC!
nejxis
Level 3 user

Re: The same names and faces, forever...

Post by nejxis »

Kinda agree, but even your own character is like that, how do you change that? - One suggestion would be to make it in a form of dynasty, like "The guild" series