Interface Improvement Suggestions

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Re: Interface Improvement Suggestions

Post by mdemircan2 »

merhaba david,
Dışarı aktarma (excel veya cvs):
capLAB da daha iyi analiz yapmak için arayüz rapaorlarının excele veya cvs dosyası olarak dışarı aktarılmasını istiyorum. Bu özellik capLAB oyununu bir üst seviyeye çıkaracaktır.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

mdemircan2 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:11 pm merhaba david,
Dışarı aktarma (excel veya cvs):
capLAB da daha iyi analiz yapmak için arayüz rapaorlarının excele veya cvs dosyası olarak dışarı aktarılmasını istiyorum. Bu özellik capLAB oyununu bir üst seviyeye çıkaracaktır.
I've created a poll for this: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=7276
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by colonel_truman »

baz wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:58 am I would like to see Mines improvement. Apologies if this is now enacted.
I have to get my calculator out because When I buy a mine I have to calculate the cost of the mine into the resource it has, to come up with the correct price, otherwise although the mine shows it's in positive, you end up at the end of the operation at a loss. It dawned on me one day when I was just losing money every time I replaced my mines. But I had so much money didn't really care.
What I would like to see is either this been done automatically and set on the price so you can change it or something showing in the graph to true cost of the asset over time. Rather than showing profits of the resource. For example graph on first day of purchase -$50 Mil and then rises to either make no return or loss or loss or profit at the end of the operation. i would prefer the next idea, which is what was done with interest on loans. For example purchase mine -$50 mill mine has 20K resource 50 Mill / 20K = $2500 is the average that it needs to be sold at for no loss. So when you open the mine you will see how much it needs to run at maybe even have this in the preview window prior to purchase using the average selling price of the resource.

This is very specific to resources as they run out.
Agreed! Please start a new thread so people can vote.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

I would same do the same for everything, but also add all the expenses for sailaries, and operating overhead to the calculation, becouse when you add those that 2500 per unit you calculated is way off :)
And for farms you cant even do such calculation too.
gimlet

Post by gimlet »

Please let us change the color of other companies, when a rival has the same color as me it makes it super-annoying to try to figure out market shares. And also when 2 rivals have the same color and are competing with me on the same product.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

gimlet wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:55 pm Please let us change the color of other companies, when a rival has the same color as me it makes it super-annoying to try to figure out market shares. And also when 2 rivals have the same color and are competing with me on the same product.
Please see this related post: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=6973
cgd442

Post by cgd442 »

Financials Screen improvements

As it currently stands any firm you own when selecting the financials Option to view detailed finances then advancing to next firms financials it does not mention which firm you are currently viewing the financials of unless you right click to see,
It would be appropriate for the financials screen to be adjacent to the firm in which you are viewing so you can see which type of firm you are viewing the financials of, making it very convenient and less tedious.

Thanks
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

MERHABA...
BENİM ÖNERİM, FİNANSAL ANALİZİN BİRAZ DAHA GELİŞİTİRİLMESİDİR.
eklerde bir dosya gönderiyorum.
bu hesaplamaları yıl sonu raporlarda oluşturabilirisiniz...
Attachments
finansal rasyolar.png
finansal rasyolar.png (62.44 KiB) Viewed 14372 times
FIIIIIG
Level 2 user

Post by FIIIIIG »

Hi guys, my first post here.

I have just registered specially for this request:

I would like to see a screen with a custom graph selection. Basically, I want to see as much of the in-game graphs at once as possible. I imagine a screen where a player would be able to choose what graphs to show. I stress this out: ANY GRAPH in the game. I want to study all the graphs at once in order to see what correlates with what. I am super-tired of constantly menu-diving in the game in order to get the information I need.

Also, I would suggest that the graph screen has an "always on the top" option and is resizable so that we can always see what is going on while doing other stuff in the game.

A crazy but amazing idea would be to have an EXTERNAL window beside the game window with all the graphs and a spreadsheet showing all the graph data from the game. That would amazing but I understand it would be difficult if not impossible to achieve but it would allow the usage of multiple screens while playing the game.

TL:DR - we need a dedicated graph/data screen that is fully user-customizable

What do you think, guys?
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

Suggestions for Future Enhancements of Cap Lab

I have become more appreciative of the CapLab improvements over Captitalism II now that I have played it a number of times. I would like to make a few suggestions.

Provide an option in the Gameplay Options menu to enable F4 Player as the default in the supplier list -- as opposed to F2 All Suppliers. This could be similar to the option provided for "Default Internal Sale" in the Options menu. Currently, a player who rarely uses competitor resources must use F4 to list only player suppliers every time suppliers are selected.

Ability to set alerts and reminders. For example, set a reminder/notification in July to plant an August crop.

When looking at a building, show it with more noticeable outline -- bold/flashing/etc; currently it shows slightly lighter (ghostly?) -- than unselected buildings

Show firm description (e.g., CPU Lg Factory 1 (London)) instead of just firm type on a mouseover of a firm. (BTW: the firm description is a nice enhancement. Would like to see it appear in more screens

Show firm's description (for example "Logging quality 65 camp (London)") instead of firm type when displaying client list for resource firms. Another example would be "Computer Store 1 CBD (London)" instead of "Computer store 011 (London)"

Show active mines/camps/wells in red even when resources are exhausted -- until demolition. Would make it easier to find on resources map after exhaustion while inventories are being emptied, but before demolition. Currently a mine disappears from resources map as soon as the exhaustion alert appears even though inventories can have a lot of remaining product.

Ability to "copy" firms within and between cities. For example copy a bed factory in London with links to a London Logging Camp to a second bed factory in another London location, and/or another city, maintaining the same resource links.

Group selection of retail products from supplier list, e.g., bed, sofa and chair. This would reduce the need to open and choose a single selection multiple times for the same retail outlet.

Add "super-factories" and enable factory expansion from sm (2x2) to med (3x3), med to lg (4x4) and lg to super (5x5). In the later parts of a game, there is so much wasted space because of road limitations.

"Influence circles" for Sports and community facilities when placing apartments.

Some of the pre-defined layout plans are poor selections that the AI often uses. (An example of poor selection is a factory with four of the nine squares devoted to sales.) This reduces their competiveness and also leaves inefficient factories when trying to absorb them after a merger. Also note that upgrading causes the loss of used-defined plan layouts; would be helpful to have instructions for merging them into current version.

Report showing firms losing money or ability to sort by profitability in firms listing.

Report showing income from tech sales

Identify shearing season for wool farm similar to sowing and harvesting season for crop farms.