Interface Improvement Suggestions

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Interface Improvement Suggestions

Post by David »

David wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:12 pm
megapolis wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:07 am Land Sell! That's what has to be improved. You can literally spend hours trying to sell all excess land bought by your subs.
I've forwarded your suggestion to the dev team.
This feature has been implemented. Please check out the latest post-release beta version 5.8.00 at viewtopic.php?f=10&p=26472#p26472
mrhowdy

Post by mrhowdy »

A feature I would like to see is an apply all feature for changing manufacturing choices when there is more than one option (CCD/CPU, Silicone/Glass, Gas,Diesel,Plastic etc.) Having to change is each one is annoying and I have noticed this is an option for software manufacturing and when changing product due to research (Apply All). Also a different way of raising lowering prices other than the up/down arrows but I don't know if this would be possible.
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

I agree with mrhowdy on both points.
1. batch changes at the firm (3x3) level would be much easier, and is needed not only for product choice but tech upgrades as well; easier still would be an option to "apply changes to all [factories producing/stores selling] this item"
2. as for price setting, and all arrow/slider adjustments in general (like setting goals in the custom game ... it takes a LOT of clicks to pass Bill Gates' $63b!), I and many others have long advocated for the option to enter our desired value via keyboard - is that just impossible without excessive redesign?

As always, though, thank you all sincerely for continuing to improve this one-of-a-kind game!
ohms_law
Level 3 user

Post by ohms_law »

I agree with mrhowdy and etym, above
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

I need ability to move Mansions around map. Or at least some way to buy them back to the city. Looks like after banking DLC I will be stripped of the last opportunity to get rid of mansions that I actively hate.
David

Post by David »

I need ability to move Mansions around map. Or at least some way to buy them back to the city.
I will forward your suggestion to the dev team.
carpii
Level 3 user

Post by carpii »

I haven't played Cap Lab in a while (mostly because I cant get it working nicely on Mac).

But when testing it in a virtual machine some time ago, it was very noticeable how the list boxes don't respond to mouse wheel.

I think the biggest improvement you could make is to bring it up to modern day interface expectations, including things like mousewheel, additional keyboard shortcuts etc.
Its a great game, but interaction with the interface does feel ancient now
David

Post by David »

carpii wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:29 pm I haven't played Cap Lab in a while (mostly because I cant get it working nicely on Mac).

But when testing it in a virtual machine some time ago, it was very noticeable how the list boxes don't respond to mouse wheel.

I think the biggest improvement you could make is to bring it up to modern day interface expectations, including things like mousewheel, additional keyboard shortcuts etc.
Its a great game, but interaction with the interface does feel ancient now
I tested it and I was able to use the mouse wheel to scroll list boxes. I think the problem is due to running the game on a virtual machine.
carpii
Level 3 user

Post by carpii »

Ok, interesting. Thanks!
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

I would like to see Mines improvement. Apologies if this is now enacted.
I have to get my calculator out because When I buy a mine I have to calculate the cost of the mine into the resource it has, to come up with the correct price, otherwise although the mine shows it's in positive, you end up at the end of the operation at a loss. It dawned on me one day when I was just losing money every time I replaced my mines. But I had so much money didn't really care.
What I would like to see is either this been done automatically and set on the price so you can change it or something showing in the graph to true cost of the asset over time. Rather than showing profits of the resource. For example graph on first day of purchase -$50 Mil and then rises to either make no return or loss or loss or profit at the end of the operation. i would prefer the next idea, which is what was done with interest on loans. For example purchase mine -$50 mill mine has 20K resource 50 Mill / 20K = $2500 is the average that it needs to be sold at for no loss. So when you open the mine you will see how much it needs to run at maybe even have this in the preview window prior to purchase using the average selling price of the resource.

This is very specific to resources as they run out.