Earn $100 by creating a video for Capitalism Lab.

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Earn $100 by creating a video for Capitalism Lab.

Post by David »

I am not sure about this as I am not too familiar with 抖音.

Could you please provide more details?

Is 抖音 mainly for mobile? Would the mobile screen be too small for showing Capitalism Lab which has so many numbers and details to display?
2byron

Post by 2byron »

I would be interested in creating Capitalism Lab related instructional videos, starting with introducing the subsidiary DLC. The Capitalism series is a game I credit in my own life as helping me pass Business A Level, and I feel more people need to know about that - anyway I can help with that would be greatly appreciated! :D

I am British and have a native accent, I have an existing background in content production and video editing, and would be open to working at a rate lower than advertised if this became a regular series of videos. Please PM me for more information.
David

Post by David »

2byron wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:44 pm I would be interested in creating Capitalism Lab related instructional videos, starting with introducing the subsidiary DLC. The Capitalism series is a game I credit in my own life as helping me pass Business A Level, and I feel more people need to know about that - anyway I can help with that would be greatly appreciated! :D

I am British and have a native accent, I have an existing background in content production and video editing, and would be open to working at a rate lower than advertised if this became a regular series of videos. Please PM me for more information.
I've just sent a PM to you.
Splazyman

Post by Splazyman »

I'm interested in making one or a few youtube videos of capitalism lab. Covering strategy tips which would include mostly the banking dlc and another video as more of a lets play (possibly a series). I just wanted to clarify that we dont need to cover every dlc in one video?
David

Post by David »

Splazyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:33 am I'm interested in making one or a few youtube videos of capitalism lab. Covering strategy tips which would include mostly the banking dlc and another video as more of a lets play (possibly a series). I just wanted to clarify that we dont need to cover every dlc in one video?
You're correct. Each video only needs to focus on one DLC or a specific topic. It would be important that the video does have fairly in-depth coverage of all the features of the DLCs listed in the official web site. We would like people to get a thorough understanding of each of the new features after watching the video.

For reference, would you please send me links to videos that you have made in the past?
GameDevSam

Post by GameDevSam »

Hi David,

Instead of a reward for YouTube videos have you given any thought to setting up a more long term referral program? Say anyone that refers a customer that buys the game would get 10% of the sale (I think that is industry standard).

I've been thinking about setting up a blog to promote using video games as a way to gain important business and financial intelligence and your game is top of mind.

Hope to hear from you on this topic.
David

Post by David »

GameDevSam wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:08 am Instead of a reward for YouTube videos have you given any thought to setting up a more long term referral program? Say anyone that refers a customer that buys the game would get 10% of the sale (I think that is industry standard).

I've been thinking about setting up a blog to promote using video games as a way to gain important business and financial intelligence and your game is top of mind.

Hope to hear from you on this topic.
Currently we don't have such a referral program but I would be happy to discuss with you to set up one for you.

Please email me at info@enlight.com and provide me with a bit more details about the blog you plan to set up and I will think about what the best way to set up such a referral program would be.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

I maybe interested but, obviously, anyone who is, would need to legally explain at the beginning of the video that they are being paid. Are we able to say that the video is impartial despite being paid, that we are free to say what we wish or do we have to stick to a loose script that enlight decide (Which means none of the videos will be impartial which would then put viewers off, knowing that the person speaking in the video has been paid to be positive and not say anything negative).

If the video isn't allowed to be impartial I'd just create my own one without payment for my own channel. That way its a more honest look at the game than being paid and forced to stick to a positive only script.
David

Post by David »

We don't require a Youtuber to stick to a particular script.

This is part of the marketing efforts to promote the game and increase its awareness and sales. So it would make sense to assume that we would like the marketing expense to generate positive effects for the game, not negative ones.

If you don't like the restriction, there is an alternative arrangement: if you want, you may make a video for your channel and say whatever you like (not associated with Enlight and no payment involved). At the same time, we will pay you to make a video for the official Capitalism Lab youtube channel and the video will be uploaded to the CapLab channel, introducing new features or on a particular subject that we will set for each video to be made. The purpose of this video is to promote the game, like any videos posted on a game's official Youtube channel would. Its nature would be work-for-hire / freelance work.

Could you let me know your Youtube channel?
NorthDakotaGaming

Post by NorthDakotaGaming »

Hey David,

Are you still looking for new series for Cap Lab on YouTube?

I am a relatively new YouTuber but been playing Cap Lab for years under name 'habbon1'.

Happy to come to an agreement with you if it's something you're keen on?
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbu9sZ ... honWkeWUNA

Regards,
NDK