[MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
olya-tek
Level 2 user

Re: [MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Post by olya-tek »

Hello
there is a problem with mod Modern world.
when i build a farm i get some error and it get out from the game.
what to do? (look pic)

P.S i have a last version of the game and of the mod - it happens only with Modern world mod!
Attachments
caperr.jpg
caperr.jpg (310.4 KiB) Viewed 12133 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

If you delete this plan and create a new one with the same layout, will the error still occur?
olya-tek
Level 2 user

Post by olya-tek »

David wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:14 pm If you delete this plan and create a new one with the same layout, will the error still occur?
yes, the error still occur!
David

Post by David »

I will try to create the layout plan on my computer and test it. What are the names of the plants in English in your layout plan?
olya-tek
Level 2 user

Post by olya-tek »

David wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:23 am I will try to create the layout plan on my computer and test it. What are the names of the plants in English in your layout plan?
1) i run the game, i'm select mod - modern world (MODWORLDv104)
2) i'm turn on all DLC (i have all DLC's)
3) start New Game and Select "Custom Game" and click "Start"
4) i'm Build a big farm and choose "+" button
5) i'm choose Corn (no matter what to choose - i still got the error for all products)
6) i select "USE" and i get the error that you see at the picture

Do you get the same error???
Attachments
tteessttcaplab.jpg
tteessttcaplab.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 12099 times
David

Post by David »

This bug will be fixed in the next post-release beta version 6.0.03.
olya-tek
Level 2 user

Post by olya-tek »

David wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:11 pm This bug will be fixed in the next post-release beta version 6.0.03.
thanks!
and can you fix another bug at real world 11.35 mod.
when i start the game and build R&d center with some technology like lithium battery for example and after it change the game speed to maximum, sometimes i see error like at picture - the problem started when i updated the beta version of the game to V6.0.02
Attachments
another errr.jpg
another errr.jpg (451.97 KiB) Viewed 12060 times
David

Post by David »

The programmer will fix this bug in the next version v6.0.03 too.
Kikwang

Post by Kikwang »

Hi,

I am using this MOD and I was checking the "Manufacturing.DBF" file because I wanted to calculate the daily production with the MfgCapCalc excel file (which I am modifying).
It seems that this file has been unchanged (the products are the same as in the original game).

I am playing with the Body Care products (due to their high necessity indexes).
Does anyone have the modified "Manufacturing.DBF" file with all the new products (Ammonia, Acrylic, Lotion, etc...)?

Thank you
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

Hi Saffgee,

I really like the detail in this mod and look forward to seeing it completed. I have posted this as a fresh post but thought I would raise it hear as it should be included if possible within the mod.

"I would like to know if you can create a multiple O/s for the game.
What i'm trying to achieve is to have multiple OS for pc/laptop WINDOWS, Linux, Apple Mac O/S with separate companies using each.
I then want an O/S for mobile phones, Tablets with separate companies using Android, IOS, Windows
and Consoles having multiple O/s Sony Ps3, Nintendo, Sega, Xbox
then you could have a virtual reality os Steam, PS, Sega, octulas ect that only work on certain VR Os's that have been written for the PC O/S if that makes sense.
Basically I want to have a very active area around pc's , consoles and mobile phones. With more competition in O/S and more companies operating within this market place as they do in the real world.
I'm looking at using the MODWORLD Mod, as that is very deep within the semi products which these are, and is similar to my thinking of how this mod could work."

Company Names
I hope that you will use the real names of companies like realworld mod but use more or equal Semi product co. names rather than the manufacturers which Realworld mod uses.

Regarding Semi products i've just been looking into the Computer industry only and there are to many computer producers and not so many semi product producers if that makes sense, In realworld mod For example Nvidia should be there 529 on Forbes global 2000 list, They should be kings of graphic cards but have 2 or so others in pursuit AMD, INTEL, MSI.
Sound cards should have Creative Tech, Turtle Beach ect, Memory should have Samsung, Toshiba, Micron Tech, Western Digital, ect
Motherboards Asrock, Asus, MSI, EVGA Corp. LCD- LG, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba.
I appreciate that some of the companies are represented but due to limitations in the game are not able to represent more than one product at start. Your Mod is very strong in Semi products and this could work well with that.

I would like to see the same in the Communication section with multiple CPU companies, Qualcomm, Arm, Intel ect. Whether touch screen manufacturers differ I not clear at this moment but if so been represented. I appreciate that you only have limited companies within the game but finding 4 common companies for each could lead to a very interesting game experience, resembling the real world closer than ever before.

What I would like to see is a HP computer that has Nvidia, Intel, creative ect incorporated with a Win O/s up against a Apple with Motorola cpu's ect on a Mac O/s taking on a Linux os with Amd, Msi EVGA componets battling out.

Same said as to the communication side multi os, multi cpu choice.

I've always wanted to create Apple on here as a real company as they own the intellectual rights but non of the hardware from what I understand and this does create that but would add even more realism, to that. As Apple would be the O/s, so would procure all of the Hardware from the company and then badge as Apple and sell. The company that builds the hardware has to buy the various semi products but isn't able to buy the O/s so is unable to compete with Apple thus stays only a hardware manufacturer of choice rather than own the whole process and takeover from Apple.
Android on the other hand would be available to any manufacturer in comms and can use it, although can't have android, IOS at the same time, one or the other and then the last would be Microsoft only allowed on Nokia for example or only available to companies the wish. Unclear if that is possible?

If there is a cap on companies, Industries ( not clear yet ) I would suggest removing some other companies, industries that are less important to allow for an indepth Semi product manufacturing, with multiple companies fighting it out for dominance within that field.

I can start to create a list of Semi's within the computer industry as i've started to do so for this post.

Networking

Another area that seems to be missed by most is around networking, You have wireless adapter and wireless controller but there isn't any focus on Wireless routers or any Commercial networking equipment, each vital for the E commerce. Would it be possible just like on the software side to have a O/S for Internet and communication. Ie Cisco, Huwaie, Viacomm, BT, Virgin so that you can have Semi products in that area that directly supports the Internet and communications link exactly the same way. for example to start a communication company you need Cisco Os license, once you have Cisco os can build communication, wireless cisco routers would connect to Cisco Os, amount of subscribers would relate to how many wireless routers sold and infrastructure capacity would be the Cisco network percentage, so the monthly budget would be spent on cisco equipment. It wouldn't necessary need O/s and to be Cisco to Cisco but would be neat. I will post this as a separate post aswell.

Sorry for the long post, I look forward your reply. If you wish I can post the Apple part in a new post?