[MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: [MOD] Modern World - Complex manufacturing mod

Post by saffgee »

I'm working on things - can't put a date on anything though as I am still tied up at work and so its only slow progress until that changes.
Games Retailer

Post by Games Retailer »

We believe that source files are required for translation.Thanks.
Chili

Post by Chili »

Hello,

I just pm'ed you. Also, I wanted to say that this mod is awesome. Thanks a lot!
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

PM'd you back - glad you enjoy it !

For everyone: There is a new version in the pipeline, adding more products, some balancing and a whole lot of work on people and companies, but no definite ETA yet. Apologies for the lengthy time between versions, but RL is time consuming !
The13thRonin

Post by The13thRonin »

Is this still alive?

I hope so.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Yes it is - some long delays, but I have tested a new version and it is stable. Some fairly significant additions though, so I need to do some playtesting. Amongst other things I have revamped factories, so I figure it will be about 2-4 weeks before it is fully ready and balanced.
After that is out of the door, I hope to tackle some of my bigger graphics issues and start adding some original content as well for a surprise version I have planned. Hopefully I can find capable people to do that who won't charge me the earth. I can be a little more concrete on that project once I know the full scope of what I need...
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Great to know this. Look forward to it!
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

New version posted to moddb. Enjoy !
mikebauer

Post by mikebauer »

I'm not finding a class of semi-products like BUTTER WITHOUT PACKAGING -- the way real world industries use BUTTER as a product?
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Some sacrifices had to be made in accommodating a game design that uses only 3 inputs - where I tried to be as consistent as I could is if there is already an input in a product that is used, then the new product doesn't need to have more of it. eg. Ethanol already has glass bottles in, so none of the ethanol based alcoholic drinks add glass bottles as an input. I also added many semi product bridges in order to get the complexity I wanted, eg. all the base liquids, computer and Car manufacturing chains. Given overall product total constraints I just made butter the same way. This is also the main reason I grouped some crops and livestock products together, having meat as the input rather than individual types of meat really cuts down on the total number of product slots I waste.
I'm happy to look at making it into a semi product for a future release though - changes that improve Modworld are always welcome and I'd be intrigued to see if using butter this way adds something different to the mod.