My little suggestions

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
WardenCommander
Level 2 user

Re: My little suggestions

Post by WardenCommander »

piermario wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:15 pm Click the graph and showing detailed market share
Clickable Chart, that would change and show percentage, and quantity

for example:
if Necessity index is 30% and population is 100 000
it means that 30 000 people need this product every day/week/month/year

do that chart would be 30000(100%) - corp 1 15000(50%) - corp 2 10000(33%) - corp 3 5000(16%)
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

- Play with more cities, companies, and Ai players
- Download any sort of data and graphs in csv or openoffice
- Export products to other nations (every world nation has his demand rate)
- Be able to buy and manage seaports (choose what import) and airports
- Add railways and train stations, bus services, car rental, taxi service
- Make moddable prepare function (example every restaurant has own menu)
- Possibility by mod to have 8-10 millions population in some city
- Add more random bad events like strikes, blackout, livestock disease, flood, etc
- Add foreigner currency
Thanks
P.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Hi Piermario, there is a discussion thread about Export at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =49&t=2548
David

Post by David »

piermario wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:17 pm - Make moddable prepare function (example every restaurant has own menu)
Could you let me know how you want this to be implemented?

Have you tried the Prepare unit? What do you think? http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =49&t=7131
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

merhaba david,bu düşüncelerimi Türkçe yazıyorum...
Gayrimenkul piyasasında balon oluşması makro ekonomik dengeleri ve göstergeleri yeterince güçlü bir şekilde etkilemediğini düşünüyorum.
Aynı şekilde borsa gibi finansal piyasalarda oluşan balon etkisinin makro ekonomik dengeleri ve göstergeleri yeterince güçlü bir şekilde etki oluşturmadığını düşünüyorum.
David

Post by David »

mdemircan2 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:07 pm merhaba david,bu düşüncelerimi Türkçe yazıyorum...
Gayrimenkul piyasasında balon oluşması makro ekonomik dengeleri ve göstergeleri yeterince güçlü bir şekilde etkilemediğini düşünüyorum.
Aynı şekilde borsa gibi finansal piyasalarda oluşan balon etkisinin makro ekonomik dengeleri ve göstergeleri yeterince güçlü bir şekilde etki oluşturmadığını düşünüyorum.
For discussion of other topics, please write a new post in a new discussion thread, instead of replying to this thread.
David

Post by David »

mdemircan2 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:07 pm merhaba david,bu düşüncelerimi Türkçe yazıyorum...
I've added Turkish language to this poll: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=7277

Please check it out.

Note: these few posts will be deleted from this thread in a few weeks as they are off topic. Please repost them elsewhere.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

David wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:06 am
piermario wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:17 pm - Make moddable prepare function (example every restaurant has own menu)
Could you let me know how you want this to be implemented?

Have you tried the Prepare unit? What do you think? http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =49&t=7131
David I haven't tried it yet, in practice having some inputs you can create a specific product, but is all this moddable?
xyrec

Post by xyrec »

I don’t know where to post this, so I am adding it here.

First, I love Capitalism Lab – it is by far one of the most intelligent and most enjoyable games ever. I’ve spent hundreds of hours (maybe thousands) playing the game, and it turns even better for every year. Many thanks for your efforts, David!

The following are my suggestions to improve the game:

1 STOCK MARKED: PRIVATE/PUBLIC COMPANIES
I love the stock marked functions but it needs some (realism) improvements. If a company is 100 % owned by another group, it should per definition be considered a private company that cannot be on the stock exchange.

Example 1: In the long term, the CEOs of public companies tend to buy all the shares in the company they work for (it’s impossible to buy any stock without paying an extremely high price, which is unrealistic). Example 2. If you start a custom game where every competitor start as private, some companies tend initiate an IPO (e.g. 20% of the company) and then buy all the stocks themselves.

Furthermore, I would like to buy more than tranches in 5 %. A take over function should be introduced.

2 JOINT VENTURES
It should be possible to allow subsidiaries and holding companies to buy into the the same companies (e.g. JV). This could also change a lot of the dynamics in the game and make it even more exciting.

3 BUY ASSETS FROM OTHER COMPANIES
I also like the "select all" function for internal restructuring of the company. However, there should also be possible to buy assets (factories, apartments, stores etc.) from a competing company (and not just when it’s marked as "for sale"), in the same way it is possible to buy land from other companies.

4 CLOUD COMPUTING (COMPUTER STORAGE)
Digital DLC lacks the most important feature of the digital age: cloud computing (e.g. storage of data). I am aware that IT / storage of data has not been a part of Capitalism Lab, but this (storage capacity) could be added as a part of other Internet and software firms, and even as a central function from HQ (e.g. option whether to invest in local servers or cloud servers).
David

Post by David »

1) The next major post-release version 6.4.00 will introduce the following new feature:

Privatization for Subsidiary DLC
When you own 100% shares of a subsidiary company, you could go to the Financial Actions screen (hotkey: F11). A new option Privatization will be available from the list of financial actions.

2) For your other suggestions, I would recommend that you create a poll for your suggestion to gauge the community's interest in it. There would be a higher chance that the dev team will implement them if the interest level is high.

You could see some examples of the polls in the Suggestions forum at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

For more info about new feature requests evaluation process, please see: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=7052