Seeking feedback

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Seeking feedback

Post by eleaza »

klasanov wrote:I would like to see the AI play more invovement in politics. I am going to be mayor of 6 cities because no one runs against me. They run out of funds while im able to field hundreds of millions through various corporations. Its really no contest
Maybe you should set a higher difficulty and allow AI corporations to make as much profit as you can. That would make political parties have more funds I believe. (Unless you are already at the highest difficulty?)
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
munosonto

Post by munosonto »

eleaza wrote:
munosonto wrote:
David wrote:We will try to further improve it in the next version.
Cool, also it would be cool to add agressivnes level of CEOs that run our subsidiaries. Just an idea.
I thought different persons already have different characters with different level of aggressiveness. I think they can range from conservative, moderate, aggressive, to very aggressive, and the higher the "competitor aggressiveness" in game setting the wider the range.
Thanks for pointing it out. But I meant in a sense where we can set agressivenes for specific things. For example to be 100% agressive in food production, 20% agressive in computer etc. Something along that line so we have more control about what they will do, especially if you have just 1 subsidiary that runs all the work.
klasanov
Level 4 user

Post by klasanov »

eleaza wrote:
klasanov wrote:I would like to see the AI play more invovement in politics. I am going to be mayor of 6 cities because no one runs against me. They run out of funds while im able to field hundreds of millions through various corporations. Its really no contest
Maybe you should set a higher difficulty and allow AI corporations to make as much profit as you can. That would make political parties have more funds I believe. (Unless you are already at the highest difficulty?)

Difficult is 289%. I guess i could try giving them higher starting funds.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

munosonto wrote: Thanks for pointing it out. But I meant in a sense where we can set agressivenes for specific things. For example to be 100% agressive in food production, 20% agressive in computer etc. Something along that line so we have more control about what they will do, especially if you have just 1 subsidiary that runs all the work.
Why not just split the conservative products to new subsidiaries run by conservative CEO? 4 level of default aggressiveness with 4 subsidiaries should be enough. For a single AI to do all the work for you I think it would either be either too complicated to setup (imagine to set those up with all the hundreds of realworld mod products), or making the game too easy without any management skill required. At best I feel the subsidiary should only be as competent as AI competitors.
munosonto

Post by munosonto »

It would be cool if we could also relocate (as mayors) their mansions and headquarters, they always build them where city should expand.

Would be nice if on residential land ai builds small houses like its in developed cities, now its only our appartments that are built as residential units.

WAAAAY too much of civic buildings is needed, for a couple of filled appartments I need like 5 police stations etc, that is way too much of those, in developed cities I end up giving 1/4 of land mass for civic buildings all in 1 corner.
klasanov
Level 4 user

Post by klasanov »

So I built a new city and noticed soon after the AI competition came in. I thought I was given free 30 year reign on the city?

Or am I confused on something? I would like to have a city where only I have a monopoly in, and aside from setting everything up as "for sale/not for sale" I really couldn't, unless I bought land ahead of time, I guess. But also with land marked not for sale I am not ale to build civic buildings.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

klasanov wrote:So I built a new city and noticed soon after the AI competition came in. I thought I was given free 30 year reign on the city?

Or am I confused on something? I would like to have a city where only I have a monopoly in, and aside from setting everything up as "for sale/not for sale" I really couldn't, unless I bought land ahead of time, I guess. But also with land marked not for sale I am not ale to build civic buildings.
30 years as mayor of your political party. And as mayor you can zone different regions for AIs to follow build different kinds of building, and you can build civic buildings on reserved land Not For Sale as the mayor (It usually the first thing I do make the entire map, or at least the high value area not for sale just to limit AIs to not build there).

http://www.capitalismlab.com/government-mode.html

Maybe you should read all the new features to do in the new DLC.

http://www.capitalismlab.com/city-econo ... n-dlc.html

Maybe I really should write a guide, or step by step for the survival mode. Not sure if I know where to start. Lots of little things need to be noticed. I write some of them down in my old 510% difficulty show case town a while back. Maybe I should write a new one for the current or next version.
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =16&t=3752
klasanov
Level 4 user

Post by klasanov »

Ok so not a bug.

That is fine. Because as mayor i can also mark everything not for sale and have my corp "donate" cash in exchange for land. Then i just go and build and transfer over.

Really curious to see how a monopoly of a city goes lol
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

klasanov wrote:Ok so not a bug.

That is fine. Because as mayor i can also mark everything not for sale and have my corp "donate" cash in exchange for land. Then i just go and build and transfer over.

Really curious to see how a monopoly of a city goes lol
If you mark the entire map not for sale, you can get monopoly, and only rezone just before you need to build anything for your own corporation. But I don't think it's the best way to go where the population is still low, since in order to provide all the food and goods to prevent emigrate means you need to invest a lot of capital from raw materials to farms to every step of the way manufacturing and retail, and in general not very profitable when population is less than 200k. And if you can't provide enough goods, the population won't grow quick. It's a catch 22, sort of like whether to issue stocks to gather capital and expand your corporation quickly, in the expense of giving up shares. It's whether to giving up monopoly in a city for CES DLS, allowing AIs to get an early entry in the city's market pie, helping expand the city faster, provide taxes, buy lands and provide city funds, etc, or just slowly grow a city on your own. It won't be an issue if you already have a production base in established cities, however will be a major decision in survival mode no developed city start.
klasanov
Level 4 user

Post by klasanov »

I have a corp that makes 30-40m a month, profit. Two that make around 8m profit. Both per month.

Cpi is around 200. So im pretty sure i can funnel the necessary funds year over year to grow the city, especially once the retail chain gets off the ground and the media gets bought out completely.

But yeah with low capital this cant happen really