CEO Options

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
brianwiz
Level 3 user

Re: CEO Options

Post by brianwiz »

I don't think we have this right yet

I took a research company.. Closed R/D places.

Checked Retail and Real Estate and hired a new CEO.

They do nothing without me building the store first.

They don't expand or spend money.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I also think we should be able to adjust the CEO focus based on product classes. I think a lot of times we would want a specific subsidiary to focus on specific products to produce / sell.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Arcnor wrote:I also think we should be able to adjust the CEO focus based on product classes. I think a lot of times we would want a specific subsidiary to focus on specific products to produce / sell.
I would recommend that you create a new forum post with a poll about this. If there are enough users demanding this feature, we will definitely look deeper into the feasibility of implementing it.

One argument for not implementing this is that the CEO of a subsidiary should have the power to decide on the types of products that the company should produce, otherwise it will be too restrictive and it will affect the performance of the subsidiary company. For example, in the presence of of excellent business opportunities where the company can enter to reap great profits, because of this restriction, the CEO will not have the autonomy to do so, and thus end up delivering subpar performance, which is not what shareholders of the company would want to see.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

brianwiz wrote:I don't think we have this right yet

I took a research company.. Closed R/D places.

Checked Retail and Real Estate and hired a new CEO.

They do nothing without me building the store first.

They don't expand or spend money.
The latest version 3.0.04 has new code that attempts to address this. Please give the new version a try and see if it improves.