CEO Options

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

CEO Options

Post by bundyaxl »

I noticed you can use a COO in a subsidiary as though it was your own COO.
I also see that there is some flexibility put into the CEO, there is a hire new button but so far I don't see any way to adjust the salary.

I would like to see the subsidiary CEO controls such as...

Salary - Just like yourself, maybe an option to auto adjust depending on profits or stock price.

Adjustments/locks for certain sectors.

For example, have an option for each sector...
Retail
Manufacture
Raw Materials
Real Estate
Farming
Tech
etc

This would essentially be like changing the company strategy.
Each option should have either ignore, maintain and expand.

For me, I just want my subsidiary to control the brand. So I have corporate brand food, the sub will be a corporate brand for cars.
All I want from the sub is to research, manufacture and sell cars. I want to research and manufacture all raw materials.
I want to control the manufacture but I want the sub to build new stores and control the pricing.

I would then select expand tech, retail, maintain or ignore manufacturing and ignore raw materials, farming and real estate.

Likewise, if I want some subs to cover the real estate, I would set each sector to ignore and make the real estate option to expand.

Another additional feature that would be nice is to have similar options for each product. This could be a bit much though.
Etym
Level 3 user

Re: CEO Options

Post by Etym »

I agree with all of these options, and would also like to prevent my CTO from changing training.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

If only there's a mod option to make adjustment to AI scripts. That would be extremely powerful to create very very interesting mods.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

counting wrote:If only there's a mod option to make adjustment to AI scripts. That would be extremely powerful to create very very interesting mods.
Amen!
Black
Level 4 user

Post by Black »

I agree we need more control about subsidiary behaviour, and bundyaxl's suggestions are really great. We should be able to change our subsidairy coroporate strategy to diversifed or retail focused, as needed.

I know we can sell or demolish subsidiary firms, but its not working well in current system. Yesterday i took over one company that was controlling 2 factories and 5 stores. Then i demolished factories, hoping it will start selling my products in their stores, but this subsidiary's AI was rebuilding those factories after few days ingame. More annoying than usefull :)

Also telling subsidiary to just produce or sell one, or more product categories would be awesome.
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

Post by bundyaxl »

I had a situation with my sub.

I was doing food and I bought an automobile company.

I was able to control it somewhat, I was building the factories for them and they seemed to expand the sales.
Seems to work while the car supply was good. The parent supplied all the components.

However, this sub is starting to get into the tobacco industry now.
This is where product specific restrictions would come into play.
They would get killed if there was a company with a tobacco expertise.

Obviously this is just the first release, I'm sure much more work is planned.

I am liking it so far though.
brianwiz
Level 3 user

Post by brianwiz »

I would also like to echo the statements above.

I think we should be allowed to do this maybe not at 75 but 90 percent of the stock is ours?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

For example, have an option for each sector...
Retail
Manufacture
Raw Materials
Real Estate
Farming
Tech
etc

This would essentially be like changing the company strategy.
Each option should have either ignore, maintain and expand.
1) Would you describe in more detail as to how "ignore" and "maintain" differ from each other?

2) Under what circumstances you would like to use "ignore" instead of "maintain" ? Would you give an example?
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

Post by bundyaxl »

I was thinking after this may be redundant. But that also depends on what other controls will be available for the CEO.

My original idea was ignore would be to give you 100% control with no interference from the sub's CEO, so it would be like your sub's facilities are being managed by your character.
Maintain would make the CEO keep pricing adjusted and supply going, this would make them like an automated COO but they would not build new buildings.
Expand would give full control of the sector. Individual firm control, building and closing firms.
On a side note, maybe the CEO could also send you memo's, such as "Certain city has low sales", "we're out of money" or "we cannot find a supply of a certain resource" so you can intervene and help support them.

Ignore and maintain could be merged if we get COO-type controls for the CEO of the sub. The restriction here would be is if you want full control of construction but you want the CEO to control prices for retail only for example.

The product specific restrictions would be great too.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

This is what we have attempted to implement in v3.0.03:

You will have access to a new list of management policies that you can set for the CEO of your subsidiary company, as shown in http://www.capitalismlab.com/subsidiary-control.html

This way of controlling the CEO may or may not work well as it is the first attempt. Your feedback is welcome.

You may download v3.0.03 from: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =37&t=2680
Attachments
Subsidiary CEO policies.jpg
Subsidiary CEO policies.jpg (368.47 KiB) Viewed 1465 times