Change installation path

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
cgj1960

Change installation path

Post by cgj1960 »

When I install Capitalism Lab I see no choice of changing the installation path. But I want to install on d: and not on c: because c: is almost full.
Is there any possibility to do this?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Change installation path

Post by David »

Since two different versions of Capitalism Lab (the Release version and the post-release Beta version) can be installed on the same computer, to avoid potential problems, we have fixed the installation directory of each version. Therefore it is not possible to change the installation folder.

Capitalism Lab game files only occupy 170MB of harddisk space. I believe that it should be quite easy to free up such amount of space on drive C.
maalth

Post by maalth »

David wrote:Since two different versions of Capitalism Lab (the Release version and the post-release Beta version) can be installed on the same computer, to avoid potential problems, we have fixed the installation directory of each version. Therefore it is not possible to change the installation folder.

Capitalism Lab game files only occupy 170MB of harddisk space. I believe that it should be quite easy to free up such amount of space on drive C.
I can't really agree with not having the choice where a game is to be installed regardless of size. Speaking only for myself, this would drive me absolutely bonkers as I'm very particular as to where things go. David, the problem is solvable by using a junction (which is what I did).
ascetic

Post by ascetic »

Fully agree with the topic starter, we need an opportunity to change installation path. As example I have different folders for work, entertainment etc.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

After instalation is complete you can move or rename the game folder as you want, game still works without any problems.