Scripting bugs

Discussions about scenario games and user-defined scripts.
Etym
Level 3 user

Re: Scripting bugs

Post by Etym »

Actually, I can't seem to reproduce it now. :? Perhaps it was an internal error on my PC.
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Re: Scripting bugs UPDATE

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

Etym wrote:#1 is solved - the game engine recognizes "Marco Economy Realism" instead of "Macro."
I noticed that Esoteric Rogue's "10 Cities" script used the "Marco" spelling, so I tried it out and it worked.
Thanks, ER !! :D ?
So, what, they fixed the bug so now I have to fix my script? :evil:

You're welcome.
Etym
Level 3 user

Re: Scripting bugs UPDATE

Post by Etym »

Esoteric Rogue wrote: So, what, they fixed the bug so now I have to fix my script? :evil:
You're welcome.
Oh well, fortunes of war and all that ... :lol:
Etym
Level 3 user

Re: the ZOMBIE Scripting bug

Post by Etym »

Etym wrote:Actually, I can't seem to reproduce it now. :? Perhaps it was an internal error on my PC.
Sadly, no. It's baaaaaack! :o
It happened again when I built a factory with no plan, added my purchasing, mfg, sale units, then tried to add it to the plan library.
The layout plan before trying to save it is in the dropbox as 'Factory plan bug'; the system msg is 'Factory plan error msg'; the saved game file is there too, saved just before trying to add to the plan library. I am able to duplicate the error from the saved game.
Once again, the game crashed when I closed the error msg.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: the ZOMBIE Scripting bug

Post by David »

Etym wrote:
Etym wrote:Actually, I can't seem to reproduce it now. :? Perhaps it was an internal error on my PC.
Sadly, no. It's baaaaaack! :o
It happened again when I built a factory with no plan, added my purchasing, mfg, sale units, then tried to add it to the plan library.
The layout plan before trying to save it is in the dropbox as 'Factory plan bug'; the system msg is 'Factory plan error msg'; the saved game file is there too, saved just before trying to add to the plan library. I am able to duplicate the error from the saved game.
Once again, the game crashed when I closed the error msg.
Could you please send me the Dropbox download link for the save game?
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but I think this is the file link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gplu93n7y60ohs/ETYM_012.SAV
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Layout plan bugs

Post by David »

Etym wrote:If you attempt to replace a firm layout plan in the plan library with the highlighted firm's plan, an error message pops up, no replacement is made, and the game crashes when you click 'OK' on the error message.

There also appears to be a problem with naming layout plans. Names are no longer placed in the upper left corner of the layout window; they are in the bottom left corner. However, there are 2 naming icons, one of which partially overlies the other. In addition, each produces a naming line. If you click only the 'bottom' (partially covered) icon, your typed name will appear on one line. If you click the 'top' (covering) icon, your typed name will appear beside both icons.

In addition, if you type a number from 1-5 into your plan name, the game immediately starts running at the corresponding game speed. :!:

I have a screenshot of this, but can't seem to insert it here. Any tips on that? :?: >>EDIT: see below<<
The screenshot has been sent to dropbox, and is from the same saved game mentioned in the preceding post.
These bugs will be fixed in the next patch.
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

Thank you
Etym
Level 3 user

NEW Scripting bugs

Post by Etym »

1. My script goals include dominance of all industries; after loading the script, the goals info screen shows all industries EXCEPT media.

2. The 'personality' traits for AI players sometimes show values exceeding 100 for 'training'.

Screenies of the scripted goals, goals display, and 4 examples of the personality bug are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots

These were taken from more than one game. Unfortunately, I can't give you the saved games b/c in the process of killing some malware, Norton deleted my CapLab Post Release folder.
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

UPDATE - after additional (limited) testing, it appears that the game engine will only recognize a maximum of 6 main goals ("main goal values" + "main goal industries").
I experimented by adding or removing choices among the 6 possible industries, and found that only 5 will be listed as goals if there is also a 'player wealth' goal. Removing the player wealth goal allows all 6 industries to be goals.
Can this limitation be modified?