Bug: Research not updating after finished with AI CTO

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Bug: Research not updating after finished with AI CTO

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

I've noticed in several game that I will get a report saying my research for X has finished and has increased from 30 to 60 let's say, but when I check, my tech level remains at 30. This seems to only happen when I have hired a CTO. I think the problem is that the CTO changes the research duration right after completion (I don't allow him to pick R&D projects because he will stupidly cancel projects that are about to be completed) and this causes the new tech level not to register. For example i researched beds for 3 years going from 30 to 90 something, but right after the tech research was completed and I got the message, the duration was changed to 1 year. The tech level remained at 30 and I was researching all over again, this time from 30 to 40 something.

Please fix this bug, it's pretty major and I would hate to fire my CTO because he gives a big boost to my research firms. Also an option to not allow him to change duration would be nice, basically the CTO does nothing but offer his boost.

P.S. I have version 2.0.
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Re: Bug: Research not updating after finished with AI CTO

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

azxcvbnm321 wrote:Also an option to not allow him to change duration would be nice...
+1
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Also an option to not allow him to change duration would be nice..

+1

Hint: We need a poll!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

azxcvbnm321 wrote:I've noticed in several game that I will get a report saying my research for X has finished and has increased from 30 to 60 let's say, but when I check, my tech level remains at 30. This seems to only happen when I have hired a CTO. I think the problem is that the CTO changes the research duration right after completion (I don't allow him to pick R&D projects because he will stupidly cancel projects that are about to be completed) and this causes the new tech level not to register. For example i researched beds for 3 years going from 30 to 90 something, but right after the tech research was completed and I got the message, the duration was changed to 1 year. The tech level remained at 30 and I was researching all over again, this time from 30 to 40 something.

Please fix this bug, it's pretty major and I would hate to fire my CTO because he gives a big boost to my research firms. Also an option to not allow him to change duration would be nice, basically the CTO does nothing but offer his boost.

P.S. I have version 2.0.
1) Will fix the issue of CTO changing R&D duration after R&D projects completion.

2) Our programmer told me that the R&D effect is first applied before the game will run the CTO's AI code. So CTO's AI behavior should not reset the R&D result.

Could you provide me with your save game via Dropbox that has the problem you described? You may send me both the game with the incorrect R&D result and the auto save file prior to the R&D completion. And we will investigate it.

You may check out this post about how to send saved games via Dropbox:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=10&t=487
Belisarius

Post by Belisarius »

As this fits the thread (as it is about the CTO):
Is it intended behavior that the CTO changes my R&D projects after they are completed (despite me having set "Change R&R projects" to "No"?

I repeatedly have to check my numerous R&D centers after research projects are finished, in order to prevent, that my CTO succeeds in switching the projects to leather wares or golf clubs (despite the fact that the main buzsiness fields of my company are Computer, Electronics, Cosmetics and Bodycare and I don´t have any intentions to expand into sports or leatherwares.

If it, indeed, is intended behavior, it would be nice if there were an option to switch this behavior off (so that the CTO only gives his bonus to the R&D centers and doesn´t alter anything) or that, at least we get messages about it, like: "Your CTO switched Research in CPU (2 years) to research in golf clubs (5 years)"
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

If it, indeed, is intended behavior, it would be nice if there were an option to switch this behavior off (so that the CTO only gives his bonus to the R&D centers and doesn´t alter anything) or that, at least we get messages about it, like: "Your CTO switched Research in CPU (2 years) to research in golf clubs (5 years)"
+1
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

As this fits the thread (as it is about the CTO):
Is it intended behavior that the CTO changes my R&D projects after they are completed (despite me having set "Change R&R projects" to "No"?
This is a bug and will be fixed in the next version.