Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.71 Patch

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
maff
Level 3 user

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.70 Patch

Post by maff »

cantdownloadit wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:36 pm I don't like the change to anti exploitation rules...
exactly, this is a pain bro, AI companies can buy freely, and if we have 99% in the free float, and a subsidiary buys 0.01%, we cannot buy shares in these companies

There is a way in the "custom game" called "alternative stock sim", but that doesn't change anything
Attachments
Captura de tela 2024-03-26 214523.jpg
Captura de tela 2024-03-26 214523.jpg (30.91 KiB) Viewed 450 times
Image Grupo no Telegram para BRs: https://t.me/captalismlab Image

Please, vote: viewtopic.php?p=40423#p40423
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

There is a way in the "custom game" called "alternative stock sim", but that doesn't change anything
"Alternative stock sim" is the option that prohibits the stock trading. You should set "Alternative stock sim" to No if you don't like such restrictions.
maff
Level 3 user

Post by maff »

David wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:04 am "Alternative stock sim" is the option that prohibits the stock trading. You should set "Alternative stock sim" to No if you don't like such restrictions.
Right, what this topic talks about is the impossibility of investing in an AI company, if any subsidiary is invested in that AI company. and if you have shares in a company, also the fact that a subsidiary cannot buy these shares, there comes a time in the game when you cannot do anything.

And regarding this "alternative stock" function, mine never works, it's not a specific save. I don't even know what she actually does
Image Grupo no Telegram para BRs: https://t.me/captalismlab Image

Please, vote: viewtopic.php?p=40423#p40423
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.71 Patch

Post by Stylesjl »

The 9.1.71 Patch isn't in the zip. I just downloaded it but the version is still on 9.1.70.
David

Post by David »

Stylesjl wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:53 pm The 9.1.71 Patch isn't in the zip. I just downloaded it but the version is still on 9.1.70.
The file has been updated. Please try again.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

maff wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:43 am
David wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:04 am "Alternative stock sim" is the option that prohibits the stock trading. You should set "Alternative stock sim" to No if you don't like such restrictions.
Right, what this topic talks about is the impossibility of investing in an AI company, if any subsidiary is invested in that AI company. and if you have shares in a company, also the fact that a subsidiary cannot buy these shares, there comes a time in the game when you cannot do anything.

And regarding this "alternative stock" function, mine never works, it's not a specific save. I don't even know what she actually does
ive had to roll back to .66 version for now.
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

Did you set "Alternative stock" to "No" in your v9.1.71 game? When "Alternative stock" is set to "No", then the trading restrictions should be removed. If you still encounter trading restrictions, then it is probably a bug. In that case, please send me your save game and I will forward it to the programmer.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am
cantdownloadit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

Did you set "Alternative stock" to "No" in your v9.1.71 game? When "Alternative stock" is set to "No", then the trading restrictions should be removed. If you still encounter trading restrictions, then it is probably a bug. In that case, please send me your save game and I will forward it to the programmer.
the games were all started in 9.1.66 or earlier
in my script was
Alternative Stock Sim=No

I don't know if this is just an incompatibility caused by the change that affects pre .70 games only - will do a check and report back

Edit i have tested, see example game my subsidiary owns 0.1% of each company so player owned company is unable to buy shares in any of them. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c57t3nfb ... vc6rt&dl=0

(if i set up a second subsidiary they would also be able to buy shares in those companies also blocking me, and i wouldnt be able to instruct those companies to buy shares )

eg see same game later i added subsidiary 2 https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c7e4s7u0 ... nbput&dl=0

they can each buy stock without restriction, but i cant buy any stock in the companies they own stock in nor can I instruct my subsidiary to buy any shares
Last edited by cantdownloadit on Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 am
Stylesjl wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:53 pm The 9.1.71 Patch isn't in the zip. I just downloaded it but the version is still on 9.1.70.
ive just downloaded again but still shows version .70
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm
David wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 am
ive just downloaded again but still shows version .70
I cleaned the CDN cache and tested it by downloading it and it showed .71 this time. So please try again.