You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Lightproton
Video Contributor
Video Contributor

Subsidiaries build assets already on day one

Post by Lightproton »

Dear Capitalism Lab team, Dear Capitalism Lab community,

Hope you are all fine and safe

I would like to suggest that subsidiaries do not build assets directly on day one of the game, means 01-Jan-ABCD. This prevents the user to first set up management policies before the subsidiary (computer) CEO spends money into an asset, which is actually part of the strategy.

As in this example of the screenshot, I started with one subsidiary to set it up as supplier of raw materials to my parent company. The subsidiary CEO already on 01-Jan-1990 invested into a Commercial Building and a R&D Center, without being able to set up management policies before. Therefore, initial capital was already committed to capital-intensive assets, which are not relevant to the corporation strategy.

The suggestion is that the subsidiary (computer) CEO waits for a reasonable time (1 day to 1 month maybe), so that the user is able to set up management policies for the subsidiary, before the initial capital is invested into assets by the subsidiary (computer) CEO.

Happy to read your feedback. Thank you!

Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Subsidiaries build assets already on day one

Post by Stylesjl »

I think the game starts paused - if that is the case the players could normally just go into the management and make the changes they need - or do they actually start even before you can adjust it?

Maybe it might be better if you start with a subsidiary to have a helpful reminder at the beginning to review the policies, sort of like how a window with the goals pops up at the start.
maff
Level 3 user

Re: Subsidiaries build assets already on day one

Post by maff »

I agree with you, I was starting the game and the CEO was immediately building things, I simply stopped that by PAUSING the game until I defined his priorities, simple thing
Image Grupo no Telegram para BRs: https://t.me/captalismlab Image

Please, vote: viewtopic.php?p=40423#p40423