Philanthropy
22%
Other Post Below
2%

Total votes: 178

Royalgallo

Re: Millionaire Life DLC: Features/Ideas

Post by Royalgallo »

I would also add the possibility of being president of a sports team in order to invest the money and have an economic return and brand image
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Living expenses... most people dont just earn money and never have to spend it.

Option to invest money personally in companies - for instance if a company is facing financial trouble, directors often put money into the company. - this could be extended to companies at risk of collapse seeking investment to keep trading.

If the game "ends" because your company has gone bust, the ability to use your personal funds to "restart from that point" rather than the game ending - this is realistic and could also cover phoenixism.

giving gifts to cities struggling financially - in return a building gets named after player/or a statue.

a separate "map area" that simulates the directors property and he can build/upgrade the house, add luxuries like yacht, heliport, private jet etc giving a visual feel to "getting richer" - with everything having an upkeep, so if your business suddenly starts losing money, you may have to sell that private jet...
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

cantdownloadit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:23 pm Living expenses... most people dont just earn money and never have to spend it.

Option to invest money personally in companies - for instance if a company is facing financial trouble, directors often put money into the company. - this could be extended to companies at risk of collapse seeking investment to keep trading.

If the game "ends" because your company has gone bust, the ability to use your personal funds to "restart from that point" rather than the game ending - this is realistic and could also cover phoenixism.

giving gifts to cities struggling financially - in return a building gets named after player/or a statue.

a separate "map area" that simulates the directors property and he can build/upgrade the house, add luxuries like yacht, heliport, private jet etc giving a visual feel to "getting richer" - with everything having an upkeep, so if your business suddenly starts losing money, you may have to sell that private jet...
I liked your idea in general.

At some point when I was playing, I had the urge to sell all my companies and just keep my personal money.
However, after selling everything, I can't create a new company and start all over again.

Or after going bankrupt or losing control of the company, if we had personal money, it would be interesting if we could open another company.

And for the capital of this company we could use our personal funds, it would also be nice if there was a sliding bar for us to define the value that would be used for the new company's share capital.

With the idea of ​​the points, which was presented at the export company.

We could create a lot of cool things. For example:

When you have 1 mansion in each city costing 30 million you gain 1 knowledge. This knowledge can be used in the exporting company.

When you sell the houses you lose these points.

Here we could have countless options.

Another idea would perhaps be even easier to implement, when joining the xxx club you pay 500,000,000 and gain 2 knowledge.

Of course, for the good balance of the game, to obtain these knowledge points through acquisitions with personal money, the value would have to be high. Maybe get a mansion in every city for 100 million or more. Here we would have to find a balance.

We could also have a wealth tax, which would be paid with personal money and consequently help with the city's budget, and would also be a way to spend personal money.

Of course, when we are starting out in the game it is difficult to pay this tax, and here we could have a rule that only pays tax when you have xxx amount of personal money, or with xxx value of your personal fortune.

Capitalism Lab is a management game. I just hope that these situations that occur in RPG games don't happen here. For example: By having 3 points you can increase your company's profit by 3%. or reduce the cost by 5%. I don't think that kind of thing is cool.

The beauty of this game is in the simulation.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

rafaeltodero wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:21 pm
cantdownloadit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:23 pm Living expenses... most people dont just earn money and never have to spend it.

I liked your idea in general.

At some point when I was playing, I had the urge to sell all my companies and just keep my personal money.
However, after selling everything, I can't create a new company and start all over again.

Or after going bankrupt or losing control of the company, if we had personal money, it would be interesting if we could open another company.

And for the capital of this company we could use our personal funds, it would also be nice if there was a sliding bar for us to define the value that would be used for the new company's share capital.

With the idea of ​​the points, which was presented at the export company.

We could create a lot of cool things. For example:

When you have 1 mansion in each city costing 30 million you gain 1 knowledge. This knowledge can be used in the exporting company.

When you sell the houses you lose these points.

Here we could have countless options.

Another idea would perhaps be even easier to implement, when joining the xxx club you pay 500,000,000 and gain 2 knowledge.

Of course, for the good balance of the game, to obtain these knowledge points through acquisitions with personal money, the value would have to be high. Maybe get a mansion in every city for 100 million or more. Here we would have to find a balance.

We could also have a wealth tax, which would be paid with personal money and consequently help with the city's budget, and would also be a way to spend personal money.

Of course, when we are starting out in the game it is difficult to pay this tax, and here we could have a rule that only pays tax when you have xxx amount of personal money, or with xxx value of your personal fortune.

Capitalism Lab is a management game. I just hope that these situations that occur in RPG games don't happen here. For example: By having 3 points you can increase your company's profit by 3%. or reduce the cost by 5%. I don't think that kind of thing is cool.

The beauty of this game is in the simulation.

I really liked your ideas.
I have some things on my mind:
1-A global energy market index; As in real life, fluctuation in energy prices should affect all markets and governments, and should also affect social mobility.
This effect is somewhat present in Capitalism Lab. But I don't think this effect is significant.

2-Building investments: We pay the parcels of the buildings in the game and it happens immediately. However, this is not the case in real life, I think the physical construction of the buildings should be completed after at least 6 month and delivered to us. This period may increase in larger constructions.
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

These are all very good ideas, in general I would also like to add that the player character should have daily living expenses that slowly decrease their money (maybe have a feature to toggle it off).

I think it would also be worthwhile to have personal goals setup as well so the object of the game could be to have an art collection worth 10 million or create a philanthropy foundation with at least 1 million in annual donations.