Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Error or null stats in e-commerce for new software

Post by Pietro »

Hello !

I found this error occuring sometimes to me, and i don't know why :
caplab_e-commerce_error.jpg
caplab_e-commerce_error.jpg (506 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
It occured when playing with a custom mod that is the Real World mod that i tried to combine with the green revolution mod, the .res is too big for the forum so i uploaded it there :

https://easyupload.io/n2zfgr

This is one savegame that doesn't show the first error because it couldn't find a step by step way to reproduce it but when trying to reproduce the error, it shows all the time another weird behavior, stats are not displayed

[edit]:using version 9.0.0.3 Beta
JENN_013.zip
(3.24 MiB) Downloaded 266 times

Step to follow :
caplab_pic1.jpg
caplab_pic1.jpg (701.78 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
Load Save game, and select this firm
caplab_pic2.jpg
caplab_pic2.jpg (595.48 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
wait 7 days and when the product is available, select "e-commerce" box

(sorry you need to repay a loan, one can issue bond or use the player's bank, it has cash ready to transfer)
caplab_pic3.jpg
caplab_pic3.jpg (610.99 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
then open the menu and click the "software" folder and click the icon
caplab_pic4.jpg
caplab_pic4.jpg (542.41 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
When clicking "e-commerce" sometimes, but not all the time the first picture error occur

When the error does not occur, instead, the stats stay empty for the rest of the game (This is happening even without any mods.)
caplab_pic5.jpg
caplab_pic5.jpg (540.31 KiB) Viewed 5782 times

notes : I didn't modify the software industry, but maybe my other modification are responsible ?
when playing with the mod, sometimes i have this message :
caplab_pic6.jpg
caplab_pic6.jpg (620.7 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
It only happen with the combined mod that is linked, when playing with only Real World mod, or only with green revolution mod, the message never appear which makes me thing maybe it is related. This and also because i can't find a way to reproduce the error, it only seem to occur after i play for some time, then i got this disconnected message several time i make a savegame, i follow the steps , i get the error, but when i reload the save game, i do the exact same thing, but this time no error.

I have tried with and without a factory making the software in a box and a retailer , i know the error happened once following the steps described to try to vizualize the stats after i removed the factory that made the software, but it is not always happening. It also lead to a situation where the pie chart is empty :
caplab_pic7.png
caplab_pic7.png (753.05 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
I think there is something up with those stats, maybe it is something up with the e-commerce box from software company when there is no retailer for the same product ?

Sorry for the confused report, i am confused myself. If i can do anythnig to provide more information please let me know, the main problem is that sometimes there is the error and i need to reload auto-save, the second problem is when there is no error, sometimes the stats are invisible :cry: :? :?:
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Error or null stats in e-commerce for new software

Post by David »

Your save game requires a custom version of the RealWorld MOD to load. Could you please provide me with the MOD?

If the MOD file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by Pietro »

I thought this link would work : https://easyupload.io/n2zfgr it is valid for 30 days or so

It is a zip file containing 3 file, one .res .png and .txt to launch the mod

I have sent a copy to info@enlight.com using WeTransfer but this one is only valid for 7 days

Since the previous report i had the error occur on the product "chips" which makes me doubt now that it is related to "software product", but it was the same click that triggered the error, when trying to see the "e-commerce" stats from the same menu, ( which in the save game is 0 for chips ).

Thank you for noticing my problem :)
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by Pietro »

Ok i found a way to reliably repeat the error related to "e-commerce" pie chart but for non-software product :
caplab_e-commerce_error2.jpg
caplab_e-commerce_error2.jpg (542.68 KiB) Viewed 5734 times

Note that the "line" mentionned is a little different, but it seem to be the same thing happening, when the game is about to display some "e commerce" pie chart.

link to the mod used : https://easyupload.io/3xfvpp
save game :
JENN_025.zip
(3.27 MiB) Downloaded 275 times
Version : capitalism lab 9.0.0.3 Beta

Step to reproduce :

1) Open the menu via the icon "stock market" or press F4
2) Go to the "product" tab
3) Select the last product of the list " Video Editor"
4) Select "e commerce" to see the e-commerce pie chart
5) go back to the "product" tab
6) Try to click the icon of another product that has no "e commerce" sales, such as Chips, or Sunflower oil = error
David

Post by David »

I've forwarded the details of the bug to the programmer and he will get it fixed in the next update v9.0.04.
David

Post by David »

The bug has been fixed. Please download the latest update v9.0.04 from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9055
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by Pietro »

Hi David, i updated to version 9.0.0.4 unfortunatly it seem that error is still occuring to me :
caplab_e-commerce_error3.jpg
caplab_e-commerce_error3.jpg (625.98 KiB) Viewed 5618 times

I notice the line is different, but the steps to reproduce are the same, i made a save game to show :
JENN_029.zip
(6.38 MiB) Downloaded 281 times
There is a custom mod to use which i uploaded here :
https://easyupload.io/wse3v6

Steps to reproduce :

(pause game)
1) open menu at "product"
2) agenda has e-commerce sales, select agenda
3)view e-commerce stats
4) go back to product list
5) click the icon for 3D-printer, ( it has no e-commerce sales) = the error occurs

As always , please let me know if i should provide more details
David

Post by David »

The programmer has fixed the bug. Please download the new patch v9.0.05 from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9055