Allow software products to be manually manufactured

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
GameDevSam

Allow software products to be manually manufactured

Post by GameDevSam »

I tried to set up my own factory layout to make my new OS, but it seems I can't do it without using the "Setup this factory to produce software products" button.

This kinda makes it feel like the feature was not well integrated with factories, and as far as I can tell my manufacturing capacity isn't at all strained, so I could do with a leaner factory, for example:

Brutus
Level 4 user

Re: Allow software products to be manually manufactured

Post by Brutus »

Yeah it sucks you can't customize the layout of the factory when it comes to software, if you could make your own layout it would allow for much greater flexibility. You can only tweak the current layout to produce an extra software product per factory by changing the software made one of the two sides of the layout but that's about it.

A more optimal factory layout would simply allow 3 software products to be made at once, reducing the amount of factories you need to produce for software ;) As software is rarely if ever run on max capacity.

Also usually with only 4 cities a small factory is all you need to produce all the software you could dream off. Meaning you're essentially producing all your software in those tiny little smelter looking factories ... I'd really wish there was a proper software factory building that was specialized for this instead but alas. Software gets produced at a smelter apparantly :lol: Just pour in those CD's straight from the smelter and wrap em up with a piece of paper I suppose.