Answer to torajiro from paulwoman

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Answer to torajiro from paulwoman

Post by paulwoman »

we might still need to talk to each other for various reasons, I am creating a dedicated topic. If not, I think that
David wrote:
could not answer to my request viewtopic.php?p=34980#p34980 and my explain. viewtopic.php?p=34992#p34992

Now, if you're not torajiro or if you , I ask you to answer if only if you think that is appropriate.
torajiro wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:59 am
Besides, we went from Japanese to English to French. We are translating French to English to Japanese. So there's a good chance that misunderstandings will occur.
I will answer in English and French. There will less problem of translation. Thats why I think that it's better that you write into English and Japanese.
torajiro wrote: Why am I replying to you? Because it goes against my conscience to ignore you. But that will result in a fight.
Basically, it's a pattern of me getting angry and you apologizing. If I didn't reply to you, I don't think there would be a problem, and I'm sure the people on this forum think so too.
  • Yes, I think so too. Besides, continuing this endless circle is not good for anyone. Thank you for taking this "risk".
  • Oui, je pense aussi. En plus, le fait de continuer ce cercle sans fin n'est bénéfique pour personne. Merci d'avoir pris ce "risque"
torajiro wrote:
You misunderstood my writing, and it seemed to me that you were trying to provoke me. Even if you didn't mean to provoke me.
  • I think that the sentence who could give this think :
paulwoman wrote: But hey, we're not here to criticize each other's methods.

• Je pense que c'est c'est cette phrase qui pourrait donner cette impression
paulwoman wrote: Mais hé, nous ne sommes pas là pour critiquer la méthode des autres
  • Retroactively speaking, it is true that saying: we are not here to criticize is criticism in itself. I wanted to clarify my working "method" by comparing it with yours, but I didn't get it right... The worst thing is that after a few tests it turns out that I can't use OmegaT for Asian languages. In other words, this "fight" for this reason wasn't even about something concrete.
  • Rétroactivement parlant, il est vrai que le fait de dire : nous ne sommes pas là pour critiquer est une critique en sois. Je voulais préciser ma "méthode" de travail en la comparant avec la tienne, mais je m'y suis mal pris... Le pire dans l'histoire, c'est qu'après quelques tests, il s'avère que je n'arrive pas à utiliser OmegaT pour les langues asiatiques. Autrement dit, cette "dispute" pour cette raison ne se baisais même pas sur quelque chose de concret.
torajiro wrote:

So I think you should hang out with people you can talk to, for example, your Brazilian translator friend. I don't know him well, but I'm sure he's someone who understands you.
  • As you think, we get along well. Thanks.
  • Comme tu l'as deviné, nous nous entendons bien. Merci
torajiro wrote:
I wrote this because I felt that if I walked away without saying anything, it would leave a weird vibe about Paulwoman.
  • Merci encore pour ce message qui nous permets de ne pas nous "quitter" en mauvais terme. Je te souhaite le meilleur du monde.
    Thank you again for this message which allows us not to "leave" each other on bad terms. I wish you all the best of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT6eWKb16GA