Exploit & Bug/Feedback: Local AIs production of new products

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Exploit & Bug/Feedback: Local AIs production of new products

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi David

If the overall demand for a product is very low, the local AI do not start producing it.
This allows a human player to seriously overcharge for them

I experimented with laptop computers and have been able to charge $3000 for them for the last 7 years (As an experiment I increased the demand in one city to see if the others would follow, but the other cities still do not start producing)

Perhaps a timelimit should be added to how long before local AI start producing once it is invented?

Heres a save game.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23145017/CHAL_007.zip

On a side note, I believe the local AI too easily increases their tech level for new products- especially when I have expertise in it.
I heavily invested into researching Notebook computers, but it seems every step of the way, the local AI are able to catchup and keep up with me.

Perhaps the Local AI's tech level can also be listed?
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Re: Exploit & Bug/Feedback: Local AIs production of new prod

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi David

After a bit more investigation, I believe this exploit occurs because the demand in cities is not based on quantity sold, but rather on total revenue. I believe this is not realistic and it would be better if deman was based on quantity sold rather than total spending.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

mwyeoh wrote:
After a bit more investigation, I believe this exploit occurs because the demand in cities is not based on quantity sold, but rather on total revenue. I believe this is not realistic and it would be better if deman was based on quantity sold rather than total spending.
This will be fixed in the next patch.
kie99
Level 4 user

Post by kie99 »

mwyeoh wrote:I experimented with laptop computers and have been able to charge $3000 for them for the last 7 years (As an experiment I increased the demand in one city to see if the others would follow, but the other cities still do not start producing)
Mwyeoh, $3000 laptop computer for 7 years, tat is very big margin.. at most i can only set around 1200 only
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

kie99 wrote: Mwyeoh, $3000 laptop computer for 7 years, tat is very big margin.. at most i can only set around 1200 only

Hi kie99, yes and I could get away with it too.Hopefully david's change will fix this.
But thinking back, when laptops were first introduced in the late 90s/early 00s , laptops really were $3000ea