Few Bugs to report with latest version

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Re: Few Bugs to report with latest version

Post by Metaboculous »

Wow that was fast, thank you. Glad it was an easy fix, BTW the other error I added, has not occurred since, must have just been something goofy, it happens.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

For me it makes it much easier to manage the resource link screen - by creating my own categories - like Semi-FTY-Pl, or Ar-egg, etc, then when linking its a snap to find stuff. just saves a ton of time, and clicking. but having it kill the screen your in and send you off to lala land every time you need to type an a can drive one nuts, or in the case of mines it replaces the current plan with a different one. Every building except RD/software get renamed-some building types i can escape and still have the building focus, but others it drops you to the info screen.
Could you please explain this in more detail?
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Post by Metaboculous »

Hi David,

Working on an email now for this. It will be easier than trying to post it in here. Should have it sent in a little while, trying to organize it concisely which I am not so great at.
David

Post by David »

Metaboculous wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:03 am Hi David,

Working on an email now for this. It will be easier than trying to post it in here. Should have it sent in a little while, trying to organize it concisely which I am not so great at.
Ok. Sounds good.
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Post by Metaboculous »

erm took a little longer than I thought - was doing more trouble shooting to narrow down symptoms. but its sent now.
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Post by Metaboculous »

Hello David,

Any luck with that File I sent, where you able to duplicate what was going on? Just a Note* So again, after I did something, no idea what, it took the focus off doing that, and right now in my game it does NOT do that when I set up a new factory. Very weird.

Meta
David

Post by David »

So I started Naming things to make all that easier.  Auto-link would be great – if you could tell it to only pick from you, and then either factory or warehouse.  The best would be a check box in the factory that you can check so that product is or is NOT used in auto link.  Now its very possible I am missing or just simply not using something that would
Currently the Auto Link setting applies to the whole factory and you can find out its status by looking at the AutoLink icon. Did you mean that you prefer AutoLink to be set for individual purchasing units?
The one feature  I wish  for daily, would be the ability to simply copy and paste a setup retail building – with all products links etc.  Any chance you can make those an object/container that can be copied and pasted – AFTER its all setup?

There is a poll for this: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=7154
You may vote for it. The higher the number of positive votes, the higher the chance that it will get implemented.
First problem and much easier to explain, set up any mine, go to edit the description and type an A. it will change the layout of firm, while annoying this is livable.  You can do this in the save game I sent.

Plunk down a new factory – do not set it up – simply edit the description, type an A - *poof back to the manufacturing guide on blazer.
These issues have been fixed in the latest version 6.2.13 already. Please download it from http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=7226

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Post by Metaboculous »

David wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:03 am So I started Naming things to make all that easier. Auto-link would be great – if you could tell it to only pick from you, and then either factory or warehouse. The best would be a check box in the factory that you can check so that product is or is NOT used in auto link. Now its very possible I am missing or just simply not using something that would
Currently the Auto Link setting applies to the whole factory and you can find out its status by looking at the AutoLink icon. Did you mean that you prefer AutoLink to be set for individual purchasing units?

Great figured out how to quote, but not "unquote"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

- No my fault wasn't clear.

What I meant was, what auto link will go grab. Example: setup a factory .. that needs minerals and plastic, autolink will go grab the cheapest materials, regardless of supplier. So I constantly have to go click it off, and redo what its already linked, or remember to pause the game when setting up factories. The third option( which I do not usually do) is make sure you sell stuff cheaper than the seaports or competitors, which when using warehousing for raw resources is rather hard to accomplish). I just want to be able to tell a factory my stuff only. While I always set that on the COO screen, generally, I end up taking control to stop it from doing other things I don't want the AI to do.

Also I was not clear on what I meant by using autolink - what I meant - I never let warehouses or retail stores use autolink. Just never know where/what it will grab from. Its honestly not a thing. Just wish I had a setting somewhere under the management screen for CEO, that said autolink from own firms only. But now that I have come up with better naming schemes, it is not as big a pain, as before. Another good example, is when setting up a software factory, even though your making paper and dvds, auto-link will go grab it from the seaports,or competitors -which ever is cheapest , unless you go make your factory prices lower than the seaports - or anyone else. I shouldn't have to do that, should be one place where I tell it setting up factories, my firms only. If that ability already exists, then I apologize for not understanding a certain function.

Ok thanks for your time.
David

Post by David »

Metaboculous wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:38 am
What I meant was, what auto link will go grab. Example: setup a factory .. that needs minerals and plastic, autolink will go grab the cheapest materials, regardless of supplier. So I constantly have to go click it off, and redo what its already linked, or remember to pause the game when setting up factories. The third option( which I do not usually do) is make sure you sell stuff cheaper than the seaports or competitors, which when using warehousing for raw resources is rather hard to accomplish). I just want to be able to tell a factory my stuff only. While I always set that on the COO screen, generally, I end up taking control to stop it from doing other things I don't want the AI to do.

Also I was not clear on what I meant by using autolink - what I meant - I never let warehouses or retail stores use autolink. Just never know where/what it will grab from. Its honestly not a thing. Just wish I had a setting somewhere under the management screen for CEO, that said autolink from own firms only. But now that I have come up with better naming schemes, it is not as big a pain, as before. Another good example, is when setting up a software factory, even though your making paper and dvds, auto-link will go grab it from the seaports,or competitors -which ever is cheapest , unless you go make your factory prices lower than the seaports - or anyone else. I shouldn't have to do that, should be one place where I tell it setting up factories, my firms only. If that ability already exists, then I apologize for not understanding a certain function.
Please be informed that you could use the management policies interface to set order your COO to buy products from specific sources with designated preferences.

For details, please see: https://www.capitalismlab.com/improveme ... -policies/