Game Crash on reverse Hostile Takeover

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
SirPacha

Game Crash on reverse Hostile Takeover

Post by SirPacha »

[Scenario: Capitalist Campaign: 8]
Goal: Company Valuation = 1 Billion

Situation: Since we start the campaign with 480 Millions, I initially purchased back 100% of the shares of my company (A-Corp) and with the left overs I invested heavily in other companies that I predicted would succeed.
Throughout the gameplay, I saved A-Corp from bankruptcy, turned it into profitable stage. Yet, after 5 years I was still far from the goal.
One of the company I had heavily invested in (owned 57% of the shares, therefore I had control over it's cash) turned out to be super profitable with a Market Cap > 2.5 Billion. Let's call it B-Corp
My idea then was to sell A-Corp to B-Corp through a merger which would result in me owning/controlling 1 company with a valuation over 1 billion and win the campaign. (Not the way intended I suppose but why not, it's fair game)

The process [that crashed the game]:
I started by offloading all my shares to the market, let a few days go by and then have B-Corp purchase 75% of the shares.
At this point the [merger] option became available and I went with it. (Issued Shares to cover the rest)
I get the Merger Successful screen and then as soon as I get back to the Cityscape/main window, the surrounding UI is gone and the game crashes after 1 second (I'm back on my Windows 10 desktop, no game insight).

Is there a way to fix this? Should I proceed differently with this merger? Has similar error been posted in this forum before?

Cheers!
SirPacha
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Game Crash on reverse Hostile Takeover

Post by David »

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism 2 you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game. Which company did you merge with? Please before the save game right before you execute the merger so that I can load it and follow the steps you provide to trigger the crash.

You can find save game files of Capitalism 2 from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism 2\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
SirPacha

Post by SirPacha »

Hi David,

My game version is 1.00
I cannot find my saved game under the directory you mentioned.
They are also not stored in Program Files (x86) > Enlight > Capitalism II > Save
Any idea where they could be stored? I tried running a search for the save's file name (PACH_005.SAV for mine) with no results from File Explorer.

Thanks ahead.

SirPacha
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I would recommend that you upgrade to the latest version 1.14 and see if the problem still occurs.

Patch v1.14 download link: https://www.enlight.com/capitalism2/Patch.html
SirPacha

Post by SirPacha »

Thank you David, I will try that.