DLC Lag and Resolution Change

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
JanBostl

DLC Lag and Resolution Change

Post by JanBostl »

Hello.
I have two questions regarding Capitalism Lab.

1)
When I enable City Economic Simulation DLC, start the game and get to build menu the game start to lagging. When I disable the DLC the game works fine. Never happened to me in the past and I want to enjoy the game with all DLCs. How can I get rid of it?

2)
I would like to change the resolution to 1366x768 but in the menu there's only 1024x768 resolution. How can I change the resolution?

Thank you.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: DLC Lag and Resolution Change

Post by David »

When I enable City Economic Simulation DLC, start the game and get to build menu the game start to lagging. When I disable the DLC the game works fine. Never happened to me in the past and I want to enjoy the game with all DLCs. How can I get rid of it?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab are you using?

2) For lagging, do you refer to lagging in mouse cursor movement or the time that it takes to pass a game day?

3) Does the lagging only occur when the build menu is open? When the build menu is closed, is the lagging gone?
I would like to change the resolution to 1366x768 but in the menu there's only 1024x768 resolution. How can I change the resolution?
Did you see "Borderless window mode" for 1366 x 768? (Select the "Borderless window mode" button first.)
JanBostl

Post by JanBostl »

Hello.
When in build menu the game time completely freeze. The cars are not moving and the mouse is lagging.

I tried the borderless option but the game will start windowed.

I am using 5.9.02 version but I have the same issue with newest beta version.
David

Post by David »

When in build menu the game time completely freeze. The cars are not moving and the mouse is lagging.
I just tested it. It is normal that the cars are not moving while you are in the process of placing a building.

But the game time should continue to pass. Please try setting the game time to the fastest before opening the build menu and see if it still freezes.

I also tested the mouse and I didn't experience any lagging in the build mode. Does anyone else experience this?

Did you try starting a new game and see if it makes any difference?

You may use a screen frame speed tester like http://www.fraps.com/ and take a look at the FPS frames per second and let me know the number, and see if the FPS slows down significantly in the build mode.
JanBostl

Post by JanBostl »

I tried to run the game using Fraps and when I got into the build menu the fps drops from 90+ to 3.

Also I was playing custom game and using RealWorld MOD by Piermario if that will help somehow.
David

Post by David »

Did you try starting a new game and see if it makes any difference?

For other users who are reading this post, if you also experienced the same problem, please drop me a line here so that I can know that it is not an isolated problem.
David

Post by David »

You may try this method of disabling G-SYNC compatible (G-SYNC over free sync monitor) and see if it will resolve the problem.