Severing business contracts/links

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Berbe
Level 3 user

Severing business contracts/links

Post by Berbe »

A long-lasting problem of using Internal Sales is that on activation, it does not sever existing links with external buyers.
It is a problem, because you usually resort to that mechanism to answer a need, such as low production capacity (as in the impossibility of investing to augment it) or, by augmenting your production, the introduction of the use of a warehouse to mutualize production sites around a central saling stall.

While that could be beneficial as it induces stability, in most of the case I encountered, I actually wished to sever those links. The only way I found was to deallocate/reallocate Sales units (losing their level) in order to make the product disappear.
Attempting to merely sever links between units to stop production did not work, as the AI waited full of patience several months without a single product being dispatched and remained a client of the facility!

Would it be possible to add a button for a each client on the clients list allowing to sever the business relation? I do not think severance payment is in order as there is no need of a particular contract for this kind of stuff.
Severing a link without having toggled Internal Sales would be useless anyway, as the AI would most probably immediately come back and buy generally available goods from that location right away again, so side-effects such as mis-clicks are not much to be afraid of.
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Severing business contracts/links

Post by colonel_truman »

Berbe wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:16 pm A long-lasting problem of using Internal Sales is that on activation, it does not sever existing links with external buyers.
It is a problem, because you usually resort to that mechanism to answer a need, such as low production capacity (as in the impossibility of investing to augment it) or, by augmenting your production, the introduction of the use of a warehouse to mutualize production sites around a central saling stall.

While that could be beneficial as it induces stability, in most of the case I encountered, I actually wished to sever those links. The only way I found was to deallocate/reallocate Sales units (losing their level) in order to make the product disappear.
Attempting to merely sever links between units to stop production did not work, as the AI waited full of patience several months without a single product being dispatched and remained a client of the facility!

Would it be possible to add a button for a each client on the clients list allowing to sever the business relation? I do not think severance payment is in order as there is no need of a particular contract for this kind of stuff.
Severing a link without having toggled Internal Sales would be useless anyway, as the AI would most probably immediately come back and buy generally available goods from that location right away again, so side-effects such as mis-clicks are not much to be afraid of.
That´s right. What I do is put the coo in charge right after setting up the firm whith Internal Sales enabled in the options menu. If there´s a slip I put the price way too high, then the purchasing firm will stop orders, I believe as soon as the products they purchased are sold and their Input unit starts a new cycle.
Yes, it´s a bit annoying that you cannot nuke the supply link right away.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!
Berbe
Level 3 user

Re: Severing business contracts/links

Post by Berbe »

Bump?