Poll: eCommerce, Retail, Warehouses

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Do you like the suggested way to make ecommerce more realistic?

Yes
88%
No, keep it like it is
13%

Total votes: 8

nejxis
Level 3 user

Poll: eCommerce, Retail, Warehouses

Post by nejxis »

So Currently the eCommerce website can only be made if you are manufacturing your own stuff and then sell them online along with your brick and mortar retail stores. I don't really like this as in real life you can obviously sell whatever you want on your website, be it directly manufactured by you, buy from manufacturers and sell yourself and/or allow users to sell their own stuff and you keep a cut of their profits.

I would like to make it more realistic and therefore add the ability to create an ecommerce website and just sell products you didn't manufacture. (Obviously selling your own manufactured items will continue the way it is)

What I suggest is to create a new Mega warehouse in which you can buy and store 12 different items just like retail stores with 3 storeys. Obviously you can have multiple warehouses with different items in each to be able to sell more and more products. Then on the bottom there is the option to link them to your ecommerce website.

- On a side note, I would also like the possibility to transfer internet firms from one company to another as currently it is not possible.
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Re: Poll: eCommerce, Retail, Warehouses

Post by lowkeybavil »

good idea i have been thinking this too
ohms_law
Level 3 user

Re: Poll: eCommerce, Retail, Warehouses

Post by ohms_law »

FYI: you can already do this with existing warehouses. The AI should do this as well.
It would be nice to have 3 levels like retail stores do, though.