Further Impressions of the digital age dlc

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
klasanov
Level 4 user

Further Impressions of the digital age dlc

Post by klasanov »

First, I want to say thanks for this. It is indeed a great addition to the series. Been tinkering with it for a bit with a goal of owning the telecom industry and some internet companies. So far, I have figured out how to get a private ISP going with medium starting capital, and some very cutting it close until its profitable. Now, 22 years in, and some aggressive research, I have internet companies making $400m a year and my telecoms making another $120-150 million per year, and the AI telecom is public now so shares can be bought. That's nice.

I was taken aback at first at an AI being gifted a bunch of money to go into the telecom industry, but it makes sense. Some companies just get a government sanctioned monopoly, but at least in this case we can compete. I have noticed though that expanding into a new region with telecommunications is expensive unless starting out because you have to compete for marketshare, but its pretty lucrative if you can hold onto it. Should be interesting when I merge with the telecom industry in maybe another 50 years or so. Too far along in the game to develop any new technology myself so now stuck playing the stock market and growing my wealth, like any other late stage capitalist would do.