Subsidary CEOs ignore instuctions

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
milty111
Level 2 user

Subsidary CEOs ignore instuctions

Post by milty111 »

Currently playing 5.4.02 Beta with Subsidiary and Digital and no mods.
I have game set for starting with 3 subsidiaries. Usually I have to fire at least 2 CEOs from the starting subsidiaries due to the fact that they sit idle for 10-12 years with just 1 R&D and 1 retail for selling imported items. After replacing with another CEO that situation is rectified.

For testing I have Digital checked for "none" AI companies in software and internet. I wrongly assumed that this included Telecom and when some AI starts opening telecoms they have an advantage over me regardless of how long before them that I opened mine and my sales slip like crazy. Doesn't seem to be any advertising ability for the telecom structure.

I set my subsidiary CEOs for no software, internet or telecom as well as no computer. Mostly the original starting subsidiary CEOs follow this but if I obtain 75% ownership of another subsidiary through the stock market they tend not to follow my rules for the company. I spend many game years closing their competing shops/factories or removing purchase and sales of computers and software from their shops.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Subsidary CEOs ignore instuctions

Post by David »

I set my subsidiary CEOs for no software, internet or telecom as well as no computer. Mostly the original starting subsidiary CEOs follow this but if I obtain 75% ownership of another subsidiary through the stock market they tend not to follow my rules for the company. I spend many game years closing their competing shops/factories or removing purchase and sales of computers and software from their shops.
Did this company that you owned 75% set up new productions for computers, software, or both?
milty111
Level 2 user

Post by milty111 »

Both computer and software and at least 3 of the stock market-acquired subsidiaries have done this.
David

Post by David »

Could you send me your save game before these companies have set up productions for computers and software, so that I can test your save game and investigate how they will do that?
David

Post by David »

I loaded your save game and close down your subsidiary's firms that produced computers and software, then ran the game for a few years. The subsidiary company did not set up any new firms producing computers or software again.

When you have taken over a company and set management policies for the company. The new management policies will NOT affect existing firms. If the company is already producing computers and software, it won't affect them.

In other words, what it only instructs the CEO not to set up any NEW firms producing computers and software, but it won't affect existing ones.
milty111
Level 2 user

Post by milty111 »

When I acquire a subsidiary, first thing I do is go through all the settings in the Career section of the CEO, especially adjusting all products to "red" that I don't want their competition on. In the case of the game I'm playing, I would then go through all competing products and delete all the subsid's manufacturing and sales of those products, sometimes a long and tedious affair. The subsid CEO would then rebuild and start selling again repeatedly. I'm sure I can start a game again and this time send you saves from before and after the subsid goes into competing with me.
milty111
Level 2 user

Post by milty111 »

Started a new game and quadruple checked all the settings and factories and retail outlets upon acquiring subsidiaries and after 16 game years, all seems well. Much thanks Dave!