new layout for the interior of the farms and factories

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Lorenzo
Level 2 user

new layout for the interior of the farms and factories

Post by Lorenzo »

From the first game Capitalism the interior layout of the firms remained the same in a square of 3x3,
changed a little while with the introduction of the floors in retail stores but for farms and factories still the same.

it is not possible in particular for medium farms/factories a 4x3 layout and for large farms/factories 4x4?
and I give an example:
to make a car in the current layout you need at least 3 factories
cinco.JPG
cinco.JPG (54.11 KiB) Viewed 889 times
with a large factory 4x4 I only need one
quatro.JPG
quatro.JPG (35.33 KiB) Viewed 889 times
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: new layout for the interior of the farms and factories

Post by saffgee »

Fundamentally I am not opposed to this - it certainly would increase the possibilities when manufacturing complex products. However I worry it might involve too much open heart surgery which may end up making the game different/unplayable/buggy. I guess that is for a dev to decide whether changes like this are doable.

One possible alternate idea may be to allow factories to be linked - in other words, the game could offer a button for linking in adjacent factories (must be touching), which reduces overheads and improves factory efficiency for any factories so linked. That would make producing complex goods cheaper, or at least that's the theory.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: new layout for the interior of the farms and factories

Post by Arcnor »

Lorenzo wrote:From the first game Capitalism the interior layout of the firms remained the same in a square of 3x3,
changed a little while with the introduction of the floors in retail stores but for farms and factories still the same.

it is not possible in particular for medium farms/factories a 4x3 layout and for large farms/factories 4x4?
and I give an example:
to make a car in the current layout you need at least 3 factories
cinco.JPG
with a large factory 4x4 I only need one
quatro.JPG
+1