Technical Issues

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
stuguy909

Technical Issues

Post by stuguy909 »

im having problems creating a LAN game. Is there some sort of unique ID associated with a direct2drive copy of the game? There was no serial ID prompt, so am wondering if that is why I cannot connect my game sessions with 2 PC's in my house...
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Technical Issues

Post by David »

Guide for Setting up Capitalism 2 Multiplayer Games

1. Add Capitalism 2 to Windows Firewall’s exceptions list, so that it will not block Capitalism 2’s messages which will be sent via the network. Here are the steps:

a. Click Start and then click Control Panel

b. Click Windows Firewall

c. On the Windows Firewall window, click Exceptions tab

d. Click Add Program button

e. Select Capitalism 2 and click on the check box next to it.

Do this on all computers that are going to run the Capitalism 2 multiplayer game.

2. Set up and start Capitalism 2 multiplayer game by following the below steps:

a. Run Capitalism 2

b. Click Multiplayer Game on the main menu

c. Click New Game

d. Select Internet TCP/IP Connection for DirectPlay

e. Enter your name.

f. One of the players should click Create on the bottom of the screen to create a multiplayer game session. The other players should click Join.

g. For those who clicked Join, a window titled “Locate Session” pop up, asking you to enter the computer name or IP address, or leave blank to search. Leave it bank and click OK. You will then see the name of the hosting player who has previously clicked Create to create the multiplayer game session. Click on that player name and click Join.

h. Now you will see the multiplayer setup menu, when you are ready, click Ready. Please note that only the hosting player can change the setting of the game. Other players can request the hosting player to change game settings via chatting on the setup screen. When all players have clicked Ready, the hosting player can click Start to launch the multiplayer game.