Mcafee Virus Quarantine

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
japurma

Mcafee Virus Quarantine

Post by japurma »

I was on an older version of cap lab (forgot which version) and just allowed the updated patch to be installed. 2-3 minutes into the game I receive an error from my anti virus program (Mcafee) that states "Threat Found: Real Protect-SS!368E03D078A7 Quarantined from: c:\users\myuserid\AppData\Local\Capitalism Lab\CapMain.exe Quarantine is a secure area where suspicious items can't harm your device.

I unquarantined the file and tried again with the same issue. I also uninstalled program and the reinstalled a few minutes ago and getting same problem. I was playing the game with no issues until I started playing off the newest version (stable version).

Anyone else having issue? I attached screenshot of error. I am on Windows 10, Surface pro 4, with McAfee AntiVirus Plus.
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
CapLab.png (38.48 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Mcafee Virus Quarantine

Post by David »

Please rest assured that Capitalism Lab is virus free and is safe to install and use.

For your information, here is an analysis profile of Capitalism Lab's main EXE:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f65f ... /analysis/

As you could see in the above link, the executable file of Capitalism Lab has been scanned by over 60 different anti-virus software and all of them have certified that Capitalism Lab is free of virus.

Please note that it is a false positive reported by McAfee AntiVirus in your computer and we recommend that you add Capitalism Lab to the anti virus software’s exception or the white list to prevent it from blocking the game.
japurma

Re: Mcafee Virus Quarantine

Post by japurma »

Thank you, I added it to the blocked list.