Small and Medium Enterprises

Suggestions for new DLC projects.
radovan
Level 2 user

Small and Medium Enterprises

Post by radovan »

I would like to share an idea which I came up with for the future DLC. Certainly, the most interesting and needed option for the future expansions so far seems to be Banking and Financial DLC and it will bring new depth to the game, in my opinion. But after that DLC I think it might be interesting to add a new dimension and viewpoint to the existing gameplay by allowing small scale business (things like 1x1 businesses, or even just renting office space from the existing commercial buildings). This would allow player to start building a business empire from ground up, which is more realistic than having millions of starting capital. This could bring new dynamics to the game and make later stages of the game if the player manages to grow more satisfying. The mechanism of small enterprises could also be used (if technically viable) to model all of the competition, by allowing a large number of such competitors in addition to the existing large corporations (which is now modeled with abstract "local competitors". These small enterprises could have revenues in the region of hundreds of thousands and could use either small amount of land to build, or could rent the office space from large corporations and/or city, which would allow possibilities of improving real estate sector of the game. Any thoughts on the idea?