Software and Internet companies’s expertise levels

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab

Please see the question in the message.

They are fine. No need to change anything.
42%
It is too difficult to beat the AI. Please add a new game setting option on the new game setup menu for setting the expertise levels of AI software and Internet companies.
50%
It is too difficult to beat the AI. But only need to add a new script line for customizing it as it won't be frequently used.
No votes
It is too difficult to beat the AI. Instead of adding a new option, let's just make software and Internet company’s expertise level affected by the general AI Expertise level game setting.
8%

Total votes: 12

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Software and Internet companies’s expertise levels

Post by David »

Do you think AI software and Internet companies’s expertise levels are too high and the game is too challenging and not fun?

If you think so, how would you like us to improve it?
lisa7878

Re: Software and Internet companies’s expertise levels

Post by lisa7878 »

Hi David

I don't think so .... !!!!
gamebak
Level 2 user

Post by gamebak »

After testing the Digital Age I think this game isn't that challenging at all. I'm playing all on hard except random events and once you start making profits.... you kind of remain there.
I'd wish research to be even more complicated, not as user experience but in terms of what you could do in an internet company.

To have some options of what you could implement in terms of features would be nice.
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

David wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:45 am Do you think AI software and Internet companies’s expertise levels are too high and the game is too challenging and not fun?

If you think so, how would you like us to improve it?
As per my comment in another thread, it definitely needs to be a configurable setting. I think the current level of competitors is ridiculous and takes away the fun of the game. I think this is a no-brainer because people that like it difficult can leave it on default and the rest of us that like to have more control over our game experience can adjust accordingly.

Please can you also change the way the Digital age competitors work, they should be part of the standard competitors you set in the normal game and you should be able to set how many you want. i.e. a company can decide their strategy is retail, real estate or digital.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We have just released patch v5.2.00, which you may download from: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4768

Version 5.2.00
For Digital Age DLC:
A new option for setting limits the maximum number of AI software and Internet companies in a game. A lower value means an easier game.
See the attached screenshot.

Script support: http://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/script-dlcs/

Max AI software and Internet companies=<number>
This option limits the maximum number of AI software and Internet companies in a game. A lower value means an easier game.

You may set the limits for software and Internet companies separately using the following lines:
Max AI software companies = <number>
Max AI OS companies = <number>
Max AI Internet companies = <number>

We believe that this should address the issue discussed on this thread. If you still have any concerns, please let us know.
Attachments
Digital Age New Game settings.png
Digital Age New Game settings.png (722.2 KiB) Viewed 1921 times