E-commerce

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Lukger
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

E-commerce

Post by Lukger »

Hey,
I have a Problem with the e-commerce. Other companies buy at my Factory some Products like Computer. If I sell these over the e-commerce too. It's like a Price agreement. Is this a Bug?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: E-commerce

Post by David »

Please send me your save game and I will take a look at it.

Provide more details about which firm you were seeing the price agreement.

And you are using version 5.0.00?
Lukger
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Lukger »

Yes Version 5.0.00 Beta

At my warehouse I have set the price for e-commerce to 999. Now the retailers sell my computers in all cities for 999.
Attachments
save game.rar
(6.4 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
Lukger
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Lukger »

Also it does not work to set different prices between Digital Download and normal Software CDs.

Thanks for your help
Attachments
Save game2.rar
(7.09 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
This is how it looks at my save game
This is how it looks at my save game
Bild0.PNG (57.68 KiB) Viewed 4331 times
This does not work
This does not work
Bild.PNG (139.98 KiB) Viewed 4331 times
David

Post by David »

Lukger wrote:Yes Version 5.0.00 Beta

At my warehouse I have set the price for e-commerce to 999. Now the retailers sell my computers in all cities for 999.
Like Amazon, an E-commerce firm sells the same product to all cities at the same price.

e.g. A customer from New York buys a product from Amazon at the same price as another customer from San Francisco who buys the same product from Amazon. In other words, Amazon only sets one price for each product for all cities.
David

Post by David »

Lukger wrote:Also it does not work to set different prices between Digital Download and normal Software CDs.

Thanks for your help
From your screenshot, I saw that you are already selling the DVDROM version and the Digital Download version of Parallel Animation at different prices.
Lukger
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Lukger »

David wrote: e.g. A customer from New York buys a product from Amazon at the same price as another customer from San Francisco who buys the same product from Amazon. In other words, Amazon only sets one price for each product for all cities.
Yes I know. But all Retail stores sell the product at the same price as my e-commerce. Its like Amazon sells the Products as the same Price as Retail Stores. Retail stores are usually more expensive. Or I think wrong, I don't know :?

David wrote: From your screenshot, I saw that you are already selling the DVDROM version and the Digital Download version of Parallel Animation at different prices.
The first screenshot is from your Website. The second is from the savegame. The Price from the DVDROM version can't be changed. And when I change the price of the Digital Download the other price from DVDROM version will change too.
David

Post by David »

Yes I know. But all Retail stores sell the product at the same price as my e-commerce. Its like Amazon sells the Products as the same Price as Retail Stores. Retail stores are usually more expensive. Or I think wrong, I don't know :?
It seems that the price agreement is there to prevent the AI from undercutting your prices including e-commerce prices. This seems to be done to your benefits, isn't it?
The first screenshot is from your Website. The second is from the savegame. The Price from the DVDROM version can't be changed. And when I change the price of the Digital Download the other price from DVDROM version will change too.
If I remember correctly, there is a mechanism for forcing the DVDROM and Direct Download to be at the same price, as long as the software are the same. This rule applies to the AI too, so it is fair. You may see it as basically a gameplay rule that simplifies things.
Lukger
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Lukger »

David wrote:It seems that the price agreement is there to prevent the AI from undercutting your prices including e-commerce prices. This seems to be done to your benefits, isn't it?
Yes true, only if you want to set the e-commerce price higher it's a little bit stupid. But whoever wants to do this besides me? :)

David wrote:If I remember correctly, there is a mechanism for forcing the DVDROM and Direct Download to be at the same price, as long as the software are the same. This rule applies to the AI too, so it is fair. You may see it as basically a gameplay rule that simplifies things.
Good to know. I was a bit confused because the picture on the website shows something different.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the work I've made you
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

I would make it the other way around and perhaps make the ecommerce price lower then retail. But perhaps again this would be the wrong strategy if I also want to sell my products in economicly less developed cities, as lowering the worldwide e-com prices too much would cut my profits in the rich cities... And I think there is no possibilty to handle different e-commerce prices, even via other ecommerce firms or subsidiaries. Warehouses could help...

But I would appreciate more control about prices and don't think the retail stores should be put under price agreement, At least not my own or those from my subsidiaries. I also don't really like that price agreements are put on my subsidiaries when they also sell same producs as their sister/mother or brothercompanies. This is a point I'd like to control, or have the option to control it. The main reason why I control most of my retail stores neither via a COO nor a CEO of a sub is that nevermind what settings I give them they never set the prices how I would like to set, as there also is no global pricing option.

And at the moment also some strage things happen sometimes: Even without a COO sometimes my prices are changed and I don't know why. It's just a few dollars but it confuses me, as I also do not have set the automatic price adjustion set in the headquarter. The prices were always raised a little bit, so perhaps here is also a bug now that the setting in the headquarters is either overwritten or works the other way around now.