Sneak peek: the new recruitment interface for R&D center

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Sneak peek: the new recruitment interface for R&D center

Post by David »

Sneak peek: the new recruitment interface for R&D center.

Lead researchers in R&D centers will have to be recruited individually.

Potential gameplay implication:
There is a limited supply of talents. So companies will race to recruit talented people. Those companies that acted slowly will find themselves in disadvantageous positions when it comes to getting the best and the brightest researchers, which are key to successes for tech companies.

Function that we are considering implementing:
Add a function for luring researchers from a competitor. E.g. 30% increase in salary + $100K sign up bonus.

The competitor will suffer from a setback in research progress.

Any feedback is welcomed.
Attachments
Talent - tech.jpg
Talent - tech.jpg (385.44 KiB) Viewed 3108 times
Talent - product tech.jpg
Talent - product tech.jpg (382.24 KiB) Viewed 3108 times
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

Re: Sneak peek: the new recruitment interface for R&D center

Post by bundyaxl »

This would be perfect to implement the Education system.

Like you said, keep a certain amount of team leads in the pool but have them age and retire.
Likewise, as people retire they will be replaced by younger graduates from the universities.

Maybe if a company sets up more universities or increases the funding the team lead pool will increase a bit, only upto a certain point.
The older the person the better their effectiveness due to experience.
As they age their effectiveness will increase based on age and experience.
So you should be able to pull younger guys and send them for training or like a 2 year university program for example.
ba127
Level 2 user

Post by ba127 »

Very cool addition.

The "Add a function for luring researchers from a competitor" piece seems very valuable, particularly if the talent pool is limited. In addition, being able to grant stock or stock options would be valuable here (also allowing that for C suite positions).
radovan
Level 2 user

Post by radovan »

I love the idea! I would like to suggest not to limit this addition to R&D only. It would be great to implement talent pool for production management, marketing, media etc. which could add certain bonuses in firms.
David

Post by David »

bundyaxl wrote:This would be perfect to implement the Education system.

Maybe if a company sets up more universities or increases the funding the team lead pool will increase a bit, only upto a certain point.
The City Economic Sim DLC has enhanced features for universities.
You may view the details at http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =16&t=3058

I think it would be a good idea as you suggested to extend the effect to have it increase the talent pool, when both the DLCs are enabled.

As for the Information Age DLC alone, do you have any suggestions about what options the player should have for the same purpose and how the interface should look like?
David

Post by David »

We have just published a new page with more details for the New Talent System for R&D Centers

http://www.capitalismlab.com/new-talent ... nters.html

By the way, do you guys like the term "Talent System"? Do you have any suggestion for a better name for this system like "personnel system"?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

David wrote:We have just published a new page with more details for the New Talent System for R&D Centers

http://www.capitalismlab.com/new-talent ... nters.html

By the way, do you guys like the term "Talent System"? Do you have any suggestion for a better name for this system like "personnel system"?
Headhunting?
Talent Recruitment?
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
rlilje
Level 2 user

Post by rlilje »

I really like how the new R&D features coming to the Digital Age DLC will contribute to more complex gameplay. Considering we will see an notable increase in R&D needs (adding more complex tech tree's, software, and Radical R&D) has the development team considered expanding the size of R&D firms. Perhaps implementing multiple floors would be beneficial - otherwise you'll be using a lot of real estate to cover all of your R&D needs and managing it would become very complex and cumbersome.
ba127
Level 2 user

Post by ba127 »

Since there are already many threads on the topic, I'll just reply here. With dev work starting on this DLC, I still think stock options would be a great addition to the game, particularly appropriate for the "Digital Age" companies where stock options are so huge. In the simplest form, let me issue new stock to my COO/CMO/CTO as a one off option (which I guess is a "stock grant" rather than a "stock option"). Though anything over and above that also would be great, like interactions with the above talent recruitment module, allowing it for private companies (since it seems like there are technically shares for private companies based on the wealth screen, they just wouldnt be able to sell until you go public), etc.
Spac3y
Level 4 user

Post by Spac3y »

Would it be possible to add term contracts in.

For example a 2-3 year period where someone couldnt be poached unless they offered your company compensation to buy out the contract at a premium.

You dont want to be hiring top talent only for it to be stolen away a month later.

Compensation could be based on a multiple of salary, length of contract left + a premium % on top.

Also perhaps their could be a happyness rating for the employees, if they are making rubbish quality products with no R&D perhaps they could become unhappy which would also affect the quality of the product ?