Problems using capitalism 2 in class

Discussions about educational uses of Capitalism II
Meiaman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Problems using capitalism 2 in class

Post by Meiaman »

hello. We are currently using capitalism 2 at our university class, but we are having problems. We are using multiplayer games, but sometimes some machines don't save the multiplayer game, ruining the continuity of the games.

So i want to know a few things:
Capitalism 2 have any bugs with multiplayer saved games?
The game need to be sVed by the host only or every player should save?
Are there any method to make sure the game will be saved or prevent this issue from happening?

Also, because of this issue, i am considering using capitalism lab instead of capitalism 2 and eliminating the multiplayer factor, so i would like to know if i can use the same capitalism lab login for multiple computers or it is only one login per computer?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Problems using capitalism 2 in class

Post by David »

The game need to be sVed by the host only or every player should save?
The game should be saved in each player's individual computer in a multiplayer game.
Are there any method to make sure the game will be saved or prevent this issue from happening?
Have you checked if the problem was caused by that the game was not saved in some of the players' computers (in other words, missing savegame files) or it was a problem of loading all the savegame when they were going to resume the multiplayer game (in other words, synchronization problems with loading all the savegames)?

Also, because of this issue, i am considering using capitalism lab instead of capitalism 2 and eliminating the multiplayer factor, so i would like to know if i can use the same capitalism lab login for multiple computers or it is only one login per computer?
Capitalism Lab requires one login per computer.

Capitalism Lab has a new feature called Challenge Game which allows students to compete on a non-real time basis.
You may check out this web page http://www.capitalismlab.com/challenge-games.html and this forum for details: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

We would be happy to offer you a discount for educational licenses for Capitalism Lab. You may either send me a private message via this forum or email us at info@enlight.com for further discussions if you are interested.
Meiaman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Meiaman »

Hello david, thanks for the reply.

I believe it can be a synch issue, since some machines do save the game, some shows an error message saying no game was saved (i have yet to verify if someone deleted the saved games) while other machines regress back to the main menu. The exact cause is unknown to me. We are using version 1.07. I am wondering...if a student minimizes the game, does that disconnect him from the host?

Due to this issue, the multiplayer should be out of question for us.
And as for capitalism lab, i have to discuss this with the university. Unfortunately they are a bit bureaucratic and close minded. I have to prove to them that the simulator is useful, so i will need to stick with capitalism 2 in the meantime.

On a side note, if you are interested i would like to give some feedback in a few weeks once our experience is done.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Meiaman wrote:
On a side note, if you are interested i would like to give some feedback in a few weeks once our experience is done.
Sure, that would be helpful. Thanks.