The Perfect Mod!

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
GotBuds
Level 2 user

The Perfect Mod!

Post by GotBuds »

First off, thank you to the entire modding community, you all are without a doubt imaginative and dedicated people that help make this game better each day. The mods i have enjoyed all have taken my game in directions I only dreamed of the first time i played Cap2 many moons ago :)

I am fully lost when it comes to making mods or what goes into them outside of countless amounts of your personal hours. i cant even comprehend the time some of you have put into making my game more fun :) , so thank you!

I am a huge fan of Real World 11.05 Mod, which has been the most played for me since it was first introduced. Lately though I have been using the Cap World mod as it offered something that Real World didn't. Having enjoyed different aspects of each, i find myself asking what if the neat aspects of both were combined.

I love the real people and real corps in Real World 11.05 and the product classes, and love the expanded classes and buildings in Cap World....

My Question is this: While I don't know about size limitiations..etc, Would it be possible or even realistic to combine mods to create a super mod? The base product classes, people and corps from Real World, the buildings and expanded tech from cap World and maybe trees and houses from Houses and Parks Mod? I sit here and imagine what a game with all these elements would be like...I might not ever get any sleep.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: The Perfect Mod!

Post by piermario »

Ciao i also dream a super Mod, you can download the full source of RealWorld but in really i can't merge with others mods because we don't have a pubblic source. If someone want do this work for me there's no problems.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Hey,

It would be interesting to work on a combined Mod. Most of the time when I put together a new Cap World Mod its to test ways of expanding the base games in ways not originally intended (i.e. training people as an input).

I think there are a lot of areas that the two mods may overlap at a more general level. Real World is way more detailed then Cap World and I would imagine better balanced.

At a high level, I would be willing to do the upfront work of combining the mods together along what was most popular about each. The work of balancing the game and ensuring pricing and competition would have to be a community project.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

In the context of that - would it not be useful to petition David to add a) more building customisation options and b) a larger product cap. Just feels as though combining something means leaving something else out if the caps stay the same....
Abrutalism
Level 2 user

Post by Abrutalism »

In the context of that - would it not be useful to petition David to add a) more building customisation options and b) a larger product cap. Just feels as though combining something means leaving something else out if the caps stay the same....
maybe that can be a new dlc idea