(MOD) REALWORLD 11.5 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) by Piermario

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.21 for Digital Age DLC (by Piermario)

Post by jbvisual »

Hi piermario,

Is it possible to edit the amount of available talents available for R&D centers?
When i have your mod enabled. the amount of products is higher than the amount of available Talents.

(and even when there will be just enough Talents available, Some of them are worthless. When i use just one talent of lvl 50 or lower on a product, the technology distribution if higher than the tech advancement)

I use Cap v4.5.27 and Realworld 11.21.
DLC Sub and Tech.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

You may also try to headhunt talents of higher skills from your competitors.
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

David wrote:You may also try to headhunt talents of higher skills from your competitors.
Hi David.

At this moment i have a game, with 7 cities all available talents hired.
(about 310 R&D centers, Not really a scenario that a normal player would archive without cheating the in-game money)

But when someone is planning to start a game with a lot of competition, the chance that all the product classes are covered is really high.

The problem is that there are 580 products (Tech and software excluded from this amount).
some classes have more than enough (gasoline products, insurence products etc..)
But some classes as Semi-products have not even enough Talents (and 50% of the available talents don't gave a tech boost higher than the 10 points of distribution every year. A tech talent with a skill level of 37 give only +4 tech point with 1 year of research, so with distribution enabled the total will be -6)

of course the talents become better in a few years, but the investment most be really high (otherwise the loyality is to low and the talent will be gone when he is finally usable)
Last edited by jbvisual on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

David wrote:You may also try to headhunt talents of higher skills from your competitors.
Hi David.

At this moment i have in a game with 7 cities all available talents hired.
(about 310 R&D centers, Not really a scenario that a normal player would archive without cheating the in-game money)

But when someone is planning to start a game with a lot of competition, the chance that all the product classes are covered is really high.

The problem is that there are 580 products (Tech and software excluded from this amount).
some classes have more than enough (gasoline products, insurence products etc..)
But some classes as Semi-products have not even enough Talents (and 50% of the available talents don't gave a tech boost higher than the 10 points of distribution every year. A tech talent with a skill level of 37 give only +4 tech point with 1 year of research, so with distribution enabled the total will be -6)

of course the talents become better in a few years, but the investment most be really high (otherwise the loyality is to low and the talent will be gone when he is finally usable)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

This is an interesting situation.

There is a way to add more talents into the MOD. Here is how you may do so:

1) Download the RealWorld MOD source files.

2) Go to a name generator web site like http://random-name-generator.info/rando ... 0&g=1&st=2

3) Generate names and add them to the MOD_KIT\Data\Talent_Names.txt

4) Compile the MOD and use it.
Gamechangernation
Level 3 user

Post by Gamechangernation »

I tried to start a new City and I get the error message....

Error on File: town_mayor.cpp
Line:149

I'm just gonna put this out there, but I'm in the middle of an election year and when I wait till the foillowing January after election is done it lets me start New City. Is this something that is part of the game or is it a bug cause I figure a city should be able to be started at any point in the game.
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

David wrote:This is an interesting situation.

There is a way to add more talents into the MOD. Here is how you may do so:

1) Download the RealWorld MOD source files.

2) Go to a name generator web site like http://random-name-generator.info/rando ... 0&g=1&st=2

3) Generate names and add them to the MOD_KIT\Data\Talent_Names.txt

4) Compile the MOD and use it.
Thx for your answer.
in the game without mods, there are enough Talents available.
But the realworld mod is so huge...

This will be a great help :)
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Hi Piermario, your mod just gets better and better and is always my inspiration for building (and finally finishing) my own. One question though, aren't you bumping up against the product_types cap now ? Is that still set at 700 ?
This was also my point about the proposed super mod that would combine all the mods - if you are already at 700, then its impossible to add anything more without first taking away. Have you and David looked into maybe test driving an expansion of that cap with more products ? I know menus and things like that might would get more clunky, but tbh for the most part that ship has already sailed (I mean once you get to endgame in current RW, its already a lot of info). AI behaviour could be massaged with a little bit of extra scripting to help the game along. Also, come to think of it, wouldn't digital age (or any subsequent dlc) expand the already existing product set and thus bump you over the 700 ?
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

saffgee wrote:Hi Piermario, your mod just gets better and better and is always my inspiration for building (and finally finishing) my own. One question though, aren't you bumping up against the product_types cap now ? Is that still set at 700 ?
The amount of products in the current mod version is around 580 products.
saffgee wrote: Also, come to think of it, wouldn't digital age (or any subsequent dlc) expand the already existing product set and thus bump you over the 700 ?
The software have its own product-database
saffgee wrote: Have you and David looked into maybe test driving an expansion of that cap with more products
In the future this is an option that i would like :D
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

jbvisual wrote:
saffgee wrote:Hi Piermario, your mod just gets better and better and is always my inspiration for building (and finally finishing) my own. One question though, aren't you bumping up against the product_types cap now ? Is that still set at 700 ?
The amount of products in the current mod version is around 580 products.
Does that include all the semi's and raws, etc, because they also have to go into product_types.