Capitalism Lab modding

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
titule
Level 2 user

Re: Capitalism Lab modding

Post by titule »

David wrote:
You may use the existing "Mod Kit" folder
I don't have a folder called Mod Kit or anything similar(under ..."AppData\Capitalism Lab").
Also, I don't see the "Mod Settings" button that is visible on the screenshot in "how to use a mod".
I created the folder and two subfolders "Data" and "Images" (as implied on "How to make a Mod") but still don't get the button.
Release is 2.4.08
  • How do I get this button to use a mod?
  • Where are existing mods? I only found JASM on this website, but the zip file has no Data or Images folder...
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The MOD kit is available in the Capitalism Lab Post-Release version v2.5.09B.

You may check out the details of Capitalism Lab Post-Release version at:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=1980

For your information, here is the FAQ about the post-release beta version:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=1265
David

Post by David »

Note: When you open a DBF file, OpenOffice will ask you to choose the Character Set for the DBF file, if you are using European language characters or any non-English characters, make sure that you select "Unicode (UTF-8)".

If you are only using English alphabetic characters, then you may choose either Unicode (UTF-8) or the default "Western Europe (DOS/OS2-850/International)".
David

Post by David »

How to share your mods with other players
For those of you who have created mods and want to share them with other players, you may follow the below two simple steps for distributing your mods:
1) Zip the mod file and the accompanying mod description text file. (e.g. MYMOD.RES and MYMOD.TXT)
2) Create a new post in this forum and attach the ZIP file.
3) Upload your MOD to www.moddb.com Capitalism Lab page at http://www.moddb.com/games/capitalism-lab/downloads

(Capitalism Lab's in-game MOD interface is linked to www.moddb.com. So when you uploaded your MOD there, all users will be able to see it.)
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Is there a folder out there for the original building icons? Its great that we have the original buildings to use, but the icons complete the package.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Arcnor wrote:Is there a folder out there for the original building icons? Its great that we have the original buildings to use, but the icons complete the package.
I actually just resize the original image, change the background color of the original building image with my Houses and Parks mod, and add the 3 different black depth lines on the left side and top side of the resized icon image. Without these depth lines border color (they need to match other icons), the icons showing in build menu will look flat and not blend well.

I'll attach an example icon with these borders and background color. And you can extract its color with image processing software.

Background is RGB = [183, 205, 243], or YUV = [200, 145, 171]
Inner line RGB = [138, 154, 183], or YUV = [151, 146, 57]
middle line RGB = [92, 103, 122], or YUV = [101, 145, 34]
outer line RGB = [0 0 0], or YUV = [0 160 0]
Attachments
tree01.png
tree01.png (379 Bytes) Viewed 16671 times
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

eleaza wrote:
Arcnor wrote:Is there a folder out there for the original building icons? Its great that we have the original buildings to use, but the icons complete the package.
I actually just resize the original image, change the background color of the original building image with my Houses and Parks mod, and add the 3 different black depth lines on the left side and top side of the resized icon image. Without these depth lines border color (they need to match other icons), the icons showing in build menu will look flat and not blend well.

I'll attach an example icon with these borders and background color. And you can extract its color with image processing software.

Background is RGB = [183, 205, 243], or YUV = [200, 145, 171]
Inner line RGB = [138, 154, 183], or YUV = [151, 146, 57]
middle line RGB = [92, 103, 122], or YUV = [101, 145, 34]
outer line RGB = [0 0 0], or YUV = [0 160 0]
awesome thanks!
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

David wrote:
greene345 wrote:The problem is where do I put the files and what files do I need to put and what structure of said files.
This web page should have all the information you need for creating MOD files for CapLab: http://www.capitalismlab.com/how-to-make-a-mod.html

If you have further questions, please let us know.
Hi David,

I am interested in the way of creating mods. Not for creating mods myself. But for understanding how the game and the mods are working together. (i want to make more detailed bug reports).

But the link isn't working anymore. Can you provide me with another link.
(also this link isn't correct: http://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/ and the "Script – Special Rules" link goes to the "cities" list)
David

Post by David »

The links have been fixed. If you still encounter any issues, please let me know.
MrNeko

Post by MrNeko »

Do not whant create new topic,have a question about modding. I am not so strong about caplab mods, didnt find any info about how to edit/create new nwarehouse ? I whant create bigger warehouse which can hold several RealWorld's MegaFactory/