City Economics scripts

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
kg79
Level 3 user

City Economics scripts

Post by kg79 »

When I started a new game on the latest post-beta version I considered to play with all 3 DLCs enabled. Then I realised That the only way to play would be focused in the random "City Economics" country, with all cities equal at the beginning. So I thought nevermind, I can change things like population and real wage rate with a user script, and deal with the whole world like one big country with different cities. Although the map looks a kind of strange then in the random enviroment. But unfortunetly this doesn't work. The game ignores the population and wage rates from the script, it only takes the city names. So perhaps either I have done something wrong in the user script or the game just ignores it.

Example on two cities in the script:

[CITIES]
City=Berlin
Population=3500000
Real Wage Rate=80

City=Moscow
Population=4400000
Real Wage Rate=55

Both cities (and the other 8) start with the same population at around 600000, the real wage rate seemed to be right, but perhaps the game took the values from the cities database. I just included it to make sure, because I wanted to have differences.

My goal was to mainly play a game with digital age and subsidiaries, but I like that there are different taxes in City Economics, something I was always missing and I thought this perhaps would give more sense to dividing the corporation into subsidiares. The political aspect of CE should give me a kind of a hobby when I become a rich old man in the game;-)

So why does the script not work the way I thought? Is "Population=X" ignored by purpose or is it a bug?

Perhaps the concept of CE is not compatible with the other DLCs, but then please give us the possibilty to have different taxes in the game. But if it's ment to be played together let us play the game like I described and keep either the population/wage rates from the database or from the script. For cosmetic reasons it would be also nice if the world map would not be changed to the random map and the coordinates of the cities would stay, at least as an option in the settings or configured in the script.