Feature Improvement - Auto Link Supplier

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
mrgarrettscott
Level 4 user

Feature Improvement - Auto Link Supplier

Post by mrgarrettscott »

Auto Link Supplier is a button that allows the purchasing unit to find its own suppliers. What the player doesn't know is how purchasing unit makes that decision. Also, the player does not have any input on that decision.
Feature request: Auto Link Supplier
I Like to control my products over the entire line from natural resource to retail stores. If the auto link supplier is enabled (and works) it sometimes selects a rival company as the new supplier, even though I also have a supply of the same resource/product myself. I don't know if there is logic in place to determine the best supplier, or it just does a lookup for the product and gets the first from the list, but here's what would be really cool:

I'd like to be able to determine what new suppliers are allowed to be selected: "Own company/Seaports/Rivals" and "Current city/All cities".

If it can't find a new supplier it could just show the "Supply has stopped" message so you could manually select a new supplier, or even setup a new supply if you think that is the best choice of course.
If I'm in "control freak mode" I NEVER want to select a rival firm as the new supplier, as that would usually mean I have some mining/factory firm that stands idle, and that will cost me money, which is a bad thing obviously
Original post (http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =741#p3248) by Dordanov.

When I plan a major expansion and drop eight convenience stores in a city that will carry 14 livestock products (Real World MOD), I thought the Auto Link Supplier would greatly minimize my workload. At the beginning, it did. Now, because I have farms in each city (10 cities), Auto Link Supplier will pick what appears random to me while obviously being based on some controlling logic. I want to see incorporated into Capitalism Lab is exactly what Dordanov wanted when posted this request back in 2012 which is a way to tell the purchasing unit how to act on our behalf. It is really no different 'management policies' you give to the COO or a subsidiary.