User Interface

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
JFB

User Interface

Post by JFB »

Capitalism Lab is no doubt a great game.
But it has one major issue in my opinion: a user interface. The game looks like these from 20th century.
I think it is a reason why the game is not as popular as it deserves.

Maybe it is time to give the game the more modern look?

I know that improving the city view to be look like in SimCity or Cities: Skylines can be difficult and time cosuming.
But there are also other options. Maybe it is worth to consider abandon the 3D city view and make the game look like similar to Football Manager series for example.
It is only one suggestion. Maybe the others have better ones.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: User Interface

Post by David »

I know that improving the city view to be look like in SimCity or Cities: Skylines can be difficult and time cosuming.
That's true.

We have been constantly improved the UI of the game over time. To put this into perspective, you could take a look at the attached screenshots from the original Capitalism 2 and Capitalism Lab. The improvements are quite significant.

These types of incremental UI improvements are doable and practical and hopefully help broaden the game's appeal. If any of you have suggestions that fit into this kind of improvements that do not require an overhaul of the game but still manage to improve the visual appeal, please feel free to leave your comments here.
Attachments
Capitalism Lab UI
Capitalism Lab UI
caplabUI.jpg (368.69 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Capitalism 2 UI
Capitalism 2 UI
corporate list.png (172.55 KiB) Viewed 429 times