Issues with 5.009 and Real World 11.23

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
JerryK440
Level 2 user

Issues with 5.009 and Real World 11.23

Post by JerryK440 »

I have three consistent bugs:

1) Purchased two Red Wine factories in Buenos Aires. Re-linked the glass bottles to my factory in London. Then decided I'd make on closer since I'm going move into Alcoholic beverages. Created the glass bottle factory, and allowed the sales unit to get stocked. Went to Red Wine factories and they do not see any glass bottle factories for me, other than the one in London.

2) R&D Centers with Product Tech. Even though all personnel are trained to 100, if you terminate R&D the units show the original skill level. If you link any two units (maybe more, for test I use two.) and start R&D, you get a number based on original skill level. If it used the trained level, the research gain should be the same regardless of which units were linked.

3) Setup a factory for plastic through the manufacturers guide. Link to oil. When oil comes in, the MFG units default to diesel. Switch unit to gasoline, and picture changes. Now switch it to plastic. Photo remains on gasoline picture. It happens with automobiles as well. Only way to correct on autos is to customize the production, then upgrade the tech back to the top.

There have been other glitches, but can't reproduce. The most annoying was purchasing a plastic factory. Then having it switch to diesel on its own. Only reason I noticed was because I got message about plastic supply re-linked automatically. I am thinking the supply of oil was low and the auto re-link switched supplies and the units went to default. Not sure though.
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Re: Issues with 5.009 and Real World 11.23

Post by jbvisual »

JerryK440 wrote:I have three consistent bugs:

1) Purchased two Red Wine factories in Buenos Aires. Re-linked the glass bottles to my factory in London. Then decided I'd make on closer since I'm going move into Alcoholic beverages. Created the glass bottle factory, and allowed the sales unit to get stocked. Went to Red Wine factories and they do not see any glass bottle factories for me, other than the one in London.

2) R&D Centers with Product Tech. Even though all personnel are trained to 100, if you terminate R&D the units show the original skill level. If you link any two units (maybe more, for test I use two.) and start R&D, you get a number based on original skill level. If it used the trained level, the research gain should be the same regardless of which units were linked.

3) Setup a factory for plastic through the manufacturers guide. Link to oil. When oil comes in, the MFG units default to diesel. Switch unit to gasoline, and picture changes. Now switch it to plastic. Photo remains on gasoline picture. It happens with automobiles as well. Only way to correct on autos is to customize the production, then upgrade the tech back to the top.

There have been other glitches, but can't reproduce. The most annoying was purchasing a plastic factory. Then having it switch to diesel on its own. Only reason I noticed was because I got message about plastic supply re-linked automatically. I am thinking the supply of oil was low and the auto re-link switched supplies and the units went to default. Not sure though.
Hi Jerry,

Can you upload a savegame, so David can troubleshoot the problem.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

For each of the reported bugs, could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
-The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.
JerryK440
Level 2 user

Post by JerryK440 »

I had tried attaching my saved game to the original post, but it failed for some reason. Will try again with this one.

I forgot to mention the game also is using the Digital Age DLC and Subsidiary DLC.

Problem 1 appears to be a memory allocation issue, or leak. Quit to main menu, and loading game didn't correct the issue. Quit to windows and reloading game did correct it. So much for that being replicable!

The other two have happened on two different games, so definitely can be replicated.

R&D center: Select one that has Product research. Click each unit, and see that they are all trained to skill level 100. Terminate the project. You see the unit display shows the original skill level, rather than the trained one. Link a couple units and start R&D. Note the amount of gain. Terminate and link a couple different units and start R&D. Note that the number is different from the first, because its using the original number instead of the trained level.

Factory: Steps are listed in the original post.

Ahhhh... saved game file is too big for this site. Will email, if it can go through.
JerryK440
Level 2 user

Post by JerryK440 »

New Bug. Happens on same saved game file.

Build new factory
Setup production through the manufacturing guide. I've used a few different items, but for this we will use dishwasher.
Now say you setup the wrong one, so you go back into setup via the manufacturing guide and do drying machine.
You will now see that each mfg unit is "stuck" on that item. There is no way to change, even though there are other items with the same inputs.
David

Post by David »

R&D center: Select one that has Product research. Click each unit, and see that they are all trained to skill level 100. Terminate the project. You see the unit display shows the original skill level, rather than the trained one. Link a couple units and start R&D. Note the amount of gain. Terminate and link a couple different units and start R&D. Note that the number is different from the first, because its using the original number instead of the trained level.
I loaded your save game and tested it by terminating an existing R&D project. The skill level remains at 100 after terminating the R&D project. Please see attached.

If there is any particular R&D center in which you experienced the issue, please let me know the name of the R&D center and I will test it specifically.
Attachments
rd2.jpg
rd2.jpg (426.74 KiB) Viewed 680 times
rd1.jpg
rd1.jpg (443.68 KiB) Viewed 680 times
David

Post by David »

In my testing, I was able to switch it to Plastic without any problems. Please see the attached screenshots.

Is there any particular factory in your game that you consistently experienced the problem? If so, please let me know the name of the factory.
Attachments
plastic2.jpg
plastic2.jpg (264.42 KiB) Viewed 679 times
plastic1.jpg
plastic1.jpg (398.27 KiB) Viewed 679 times
David

Post by David »

Setup production through the manufacturing guide. I've used a few different items, but for this we will use dishwasher.
Now say you setup the wrong one, so you go back into setup via the manufacturing guide and do drying machine.
You will now see that each mfg unit is "stuck" on that item. There is no way to change, even though there are other items with the same inputs.
In my testing, I was able to successfully change the production from washing machine to dryer machine of my factory without any problems. Please see the attached screenshot.

Is the problem persistent in your game?
Attachments
factory2.jpg
factory2.jpg (388.22 KiB) Viewed 678 times
factory1.jpg
factory1.jpg (389.64 KiB) Viewed 678 times
JerryK440
Level 2 user

Post by JerryK440 »

First the issue is with PRODUCT R&D not Tech. Tech works fine.

Your testing on the factory isn't in my saved game, since Aukland isn't in mine. Early game it is fine, later the issues pop up.

I will capture screen shots and post in a bit.
JerryK440
Level 2 user

Post by JerryK440 »

I'm uploading a Word Doc to Google Drive with the screenshots and narrative. Its too large for here and for email. Will email link to Google Drive file.