Losing money while making big profits + game speed

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Avo97

Losing money while making big profits + game speed

Post by Avo97 »

Hello!

First of all I like this game a lot, so I bought it yesterday. Now I'm having some problems.

I have capitalism lab+all dlc's.

I'm building a lot of appartments and commercial buildings (my way of playing), and every building is having about 100% occupancy rates and having big profits. But my money keeps getting lower, even though I'm having about 4-5 million profit each month according to the game (didn't happen before)

Also the game speeds keeps getting slower, even though I'm just running 4 cities and 4 competitors, and I have a fine PC (I can play very hefty games on high quality).
a month now takes about 5-8 seconds, where earlier in that time span my pc could simulate about 3 years.

I was wondering if these are things I can solve, since I really hate this problems :(

I paid about 32 euro's in total, and will buy the new DLC too when it comes out, but I will need to have this fixed :(
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Losing money while making big profits + game speed

Post by David »

I'm building a lot of appartments and commercial buildings (my way of playing), and every building is having about 100% occupancy rates and having big profits. But my money keeps getting lower, even though I'm having about 4-5 million profit each month according to the game (didn't happen before)
This could be caused by the "Inverse Inflation" mode. Please see this web page for details: http://www.capitalismlab.com/new-features/inflation/

You could change the setting on the New Game Settings menu.
Also the game speeds keeps getting slower, even though I'm just running 4 cities and 4 competitors, and I have a fine PC (I can play very hefty games on high quality).
a month now takes about 5-8 seconds, where earlier in that time span my pc could simulate about 3 years.
It is possible that when there are a larger number of AI companies, firms or cities in your game, the game speed will slow down because there are numerous things for the CPU to process. As the AI builds more firms, it inevitably takes longer to process them.

Reducing the number of cities and the number of AI companies will allow the game to run faster.

You may also switch it to a mode where there is less drawing on the screen to speed up the game. For instance, you may press F3 to go to the Manager's Guide and the game will run faster.

Finally, you may also try the post-release beta v5.0.00 which contains some latest speed optimization.
Download link: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10
geek180
Level 2 user

Post by geek180 »

Thought I would chime in on the game speed issue, as I've noticed it has become extremely bad for me lately while using the Real World mod. I've limited the mod down to 7 cities and 35 competitors and by the 15th year each day is a solid 6-8 seconds on the fastest speed. This is brutally slow and I keep restarting games and downsizing the setup. I still haven't really found something that keeps the game large and difficult while also maintaining an enjoyable game speed.

I'm going to keep messing with it and I will try jumping over to a menu screen to see if that can temporarily speed up the game.
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Post by Njeroe »

Does the game use a single thread? I have a Ryzen 6 1600 CPU which runs at 3,8GHz overclocked, but the game still slows down after time. I think it's just not optimized for more modern processors? I also noticed that depending on which screen you are in the game runs slower or faster if I look at corporate details page the game runs faster then just looking at the city.