Issue when installing patches or post-release-beta-versions

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Atomsmasher

Issue when installing patches or post-release-beta-versions

Post by Atomsmasher »

Hello,

When i try to patch the regular version, my CapMain.exe goes missing after extracting the zip folder, i choose to replace everything, thus i'm unable to get past the launcher.
After Downloading the newest beta, i was not even finding an exe file in the directory.
i completely uninstalled and installed everything multiple times i also re-downloaded all files, just to be sure.
To sum it up, my exe file goes missing after patches, its there for a few seconds but vanishes afterward it doesnt even have an icon,
and in my beta version there is no exe file at all.

I'll happily provide all files and documents needed.

thanks for your help.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Issue when installing patches or post-release-beta-versi

Post by David »

Are you using any anti virus software that runs in background? If so, there is a possibility that the firewall of such anti virus software may block the game’s communication with the game server. You may check your anti virus software’s user manual for how to add Capitalism Lab to one of its approved app to prevent it from being blocked by the firewall.

For example, if you are using Avast, you can add Capitalism Lab’s EXE files “CapStart.exe” and “CapMain.exe” into Avast’s exception list to prevent it from blocking the game.
Atomsmasher

Re: Issue when installing patches or post-release-beta-versi

Post by Atomsmasher »

That resolved the issue!

Thanks for the quick and excellent support.