CapMain.exe has stopped working

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
geek180
Level 2 user

CapMain.exe has stopped working

Post by geek180 »

I am getting this error around the same date, but not the exact same date, in this game. The game crashes and I can't keep playing. It happened to my last play through prior to this one about a year later, in 2003. So basically I'm unable to play any single game for longer than a few years before it crashes every time I try to play.

I've tried to identify if there are any consistencies regarding what I'm doing when the game crashes or what is happening in the background, and I can't recognize anything that looks to be a constant. Is this a unique problem?
Attachments
Error screenshot
Error screenshot
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 12.58.57 AM.png (4.13 MiB) Viewed 1109 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: CapMain.exe has stopped working

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.
Rell

Post by Rell »

I'm having the same issue, except that it happens as soon as the main menu loads up
David

Post by David »

Are you using any anti virus software that runs in background? If so, there is a possibility that the firewall of such anti virus software may block the game’s communication with the game server. You may check your anti virus software’s user manual for how to add Capitalism Lab to one of its approved app to prevent it from being blocked by the firewall.

For example, if you are using Avast, you can add Capitalism Lab’s EXE files “CapStart.exe” and “CapMain.exe” into Avast’s exception list to prevent it from blocking the game.
Rell

Post by Rell »

I've already tried that and it hasn't solved the issue. I've even tried completely turning off my firewall. I find it odd that it the error is occurring now. I've been playing the game for about two weeks and this didn't start until a few days ago. I've already tried reinstalling the game several times and I've checked the files for inconsistencies, but nothing is wrong.

After I login and the game starts, it immediately freezes at the main menu then the "CapMain exe. has stopped working" pops up with only an option to close the program. The only time this doesn't happen is when I turn off my internet connection, log in and start the game. However, I know you can't play the game without being connected(and I know why the game is set like this), so while the game doesn't freeze when I'm offline, I'm unable to play at all.

I'm not sure what else I can possible try. If you have any other ideas or tips, please share. I do enjoy playing the game. If not, I guess I'll have to wait for an update or something.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond :D
David

Post by David »

I have sent you an email with an attempted solution.
Rell

Post by Rell »

I'm sorry. I didn't receive it. Could you send it again?
Bonjet

Post by Bonjet »

I also have this issue: "After I login and the game starts, it immediately freezes at the main menu then the "CapMain exe. has stopped working" pops up with only an option to close the program. "

Use to work just fine on the very same machine.
David

Post by David »

I have just sent you a message via PM.
realstrategos

Post by realstrategos »

I am getting this too. I just bought the game and cant play it. How did you fix it?