Fullscreen mode error

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Aarnii

Fullscreen mode error

Post by Aarnii »

Hello,

I just bought the game but unfortunately I am having the same issue when going fullscreen and cannot play at all. The game launched actually once, then I changed the setup to Fullscreen, and from then on, it is impossible for me to start the game.
I am having the following message: "Error creating Direct Draw front surface! (DDERR_INVALIDPARAMS)".
I tried almost all compatible modes (Win 98 to Win 2000), neither works.

Any suggestion?
Many thanks
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Fullscreen mode error

Post by David »

You may try the following solution:

In your My Documents folder, you can find "My Games" folder and "Capitalism Lab" subfolder, please delete the file CONFIG.DAT, and see if it will resolve the problem.
Aarnii

Post by Aarnii »

Hello David,

thank you for your response.
I have deleted the config.dat file and now can launch the game but only in window mode. If I try to go full screen, it crashes and I have the error message above.

Aarnii
Aarnii

Post by Aarnii »

Hello,

so anything I can do about that? I still can't play in fullscreen and this is quite annoying to play in Window mode.

Aarnii
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I would suggest that you reinstall DirectX from Microsoft web site and see if it will resolve the problem.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... g=en&id=35

If the above does not work, you may try updating your nVidia graphics card driver as well.

You may download the latest nVidia graphics card driver from:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download
Aarnii

Post by Aarnii »

Thank you, will try that.
I have a dxdiag in case you need one to investigate. But anyway will try reinstall the drivers and DirectX.
Aarnii

Post by Aarnii »

Hi,

I could not reinstall DirectX since I am on Win 7 and that is not possible to uninstall it.
However, I have install different drivers for my graphic cards, and indeed, I can go fullscreen now. However, I don't have all the resolution available only 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024, not sure why. My base resolution is 1920 x 1080 so it should work fine.
Any idea why all resolutions are not available?

Aarnii