Help me understand the Supply and Demand Situation?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
tycoonheaven

Re: Help me understand the Supply and Demand Situation?

Post by tycoonheaven »

yes me too. And i need this fix because this is my favorite part of the game, matching supply with demand. I love to think "Just how many Car plants can this city support?".

heaven heaven
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Help me understand the Supply and Demand Situation?

Post by David »

From the standpoint of a purchasing unit, it only cares whether the supplier has sufficient stock to supply for the quantity of products it needs.

Let's say that the purchasing unit needs to order 500 units of shampoo, so long as the supplier can supply those 500 units, you will see the demand and supply bars on the purchasing unit displayed in equal lengths. Even if the supplier is capable of supplying a lot more units (e.g. 2000 units), it does not make a difference to the purchasing unit, because all it needs are 500 units in this example.

So starting from version 4.4.20, only the supply bar will be displayed on the purchasing unit (the demand bar will no longer be displayed), as the shown in the following screenshots. This should clear up the confusion described in this thread.

Note that the supply and demand bars in other units (e.g. sale units) and other interfaces are not affected.
Attachments
supply bar only help.png
supply bar only help.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 959 times
supply bar only.png
supply bar only.png (1.41 MiB) Viewed 959 times